Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me man up my Santa Fe

Options
  • 18-07-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I just bought a Santa fe jeep in black its a commercial jeep and is in nice enough condition for a 2004. I am wondering what I could do to man it up a bit, Bullbars would be an obvious one but where could i source these? I dont want to spend big money as the jeep is not worth it. Any suggestions for me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If you are determined to add weight while making you car more dangerous why not just drive around with a few brieze blocks in the boot? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

A nudey lady mural where the rear passenger windows should be should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fardy0

How is adding aluminum or chrome bull bars to a car designed to carry seats but doesn't (commercial) adding weight and making it more dangerous? I have seen plenty of these jeeps sporting a bullbar on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bullbars will restrict the crumple zone as it was designed to function and delay the deployment of the airbags, perhaps ok on a farm as nudge bars but not recomnended for normal road use. If it was me I would get new alloys and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

it's an 8 year old van .... just leave it be ....

• Advertisement

Bullbars will restrict the crumple zone as it was designed to function and delay the deployment of the airbags, perhaps ok on a farm as nudge bars but not recomnended for normal road use. If it was me I would get new alloys and leave it at that.

I understand what you are saying in this link is the style i was looking at, they seem to be more cosmetic than anything

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3643906

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

more dangerous for anyone whom you hit

wouldnt bother tbh.. I dont think its a particularly girly looking yoke in the first place. Even less so in commerical guise.. (blacked out/blocked rear windows?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Stick some number decals and spray muck. Look like a rally car then

Wossack wrote: »
    more dangerous for anyone whom you hit

wouldnt bother tbh.. I dont think its a particularly girly looking yoke in the first place. Even less so in commerical guise.. (blacked out/blocked rear windows?)

Blocked out, ah I know that I just liked the look of the bars and the kicker bars on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Op, never ever wash it - will look as manly as possible. Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

^^agree'd. Go to the country or a building site or wherever, get it as muddy as possible and then leave it like that.

It will look much more manly like that then with any wannabe dakar rally tinsel stuck to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

set of roof bars, and ladder permanently on the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Put flames down the side and fill the cargo area full of chainsaws, steak sandwiches and cans of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Drive it in your underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fardy0 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just bought a Santa fe jeep.................................... I am wondering what I could do to man it up a bit,

www.DoneDeal.ie

or

www.Carzone.ie

:) Simples

Advertisement