Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG 2012 Maturies

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Just wanted to start a thread for those heading to NUIG this year so we can get to know each other and chat about stuff and whatnot.

I'm from Limerick so will be moving up. Going to be studying Science (Undenominated) and I can't wait :D What's everyone else's stories?

Is anyone heading to the Return to Learning Programme? It's running from the 20th - 23rd August, 9:30am to 5pm each day. They're also doing a Maths workshop from 27th - 29th August 9:30am to 1pm each day.

I think I'll go to both even though I'll have to organise somewhere to stay as I don't think Gort na Coiribe (where I'll be staying) will be "open" at that time. The Sleepzone hostel looks good but if anyone has any recommendations of cheap places to stay I'm all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 0mimi0

hello, im am also a mature student heading to nuig, and actually im guna be a scientist too :) exciting! havent had confirmation of btea or fees yet so it still doesnt feel real to me, i dont want to look forward to it too much yet. have nuig contacted u? i havent heard anything about the dates you mentioned, im probably not researched enough :rolleyes: i think id like to go the the maths workshop, i dont think i could figure out a quadratic equation right now.
    maybe u could ring the accomadation office and ask are they open early for that kinda thing? dont know would they be though. i dont know much about hostels but that one looks ok to me

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I'm in the same boat with BTEA and the grant so I know exactly how you feel, it's a bit of a dampener all right.

I actually went up yesterday to have a quick meeting with the mature student officer and she mentioned then about the maths thing and all that. She said they'd be sending out the details in the post soon but I found that online by doing a bit of digging :)

Good point on the accomm office, their letter said they don't give out keys until 1st & 2nd Sept but there's no harm in asking.

Advertisement