Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitali v Haye

Options
  • 18-07-2012 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Will this happen? Is Haye still retired?

I think if this does happen the fact that Vitali is in the latter stages of his great career makes this a more even fight. Both in their prime Vitali KO's Haye in the middle rounds.

It would be a shame if Vitali lost/ended his career to Haye. In my opinion Vitali still wins on points even at this stage in his career.

So, if it does go ahead...who do you think wins?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Who'd win? 42 votes

Vitali Klitschko
    0% 0 votes
    David Haye
    100% 42 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,648 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the public want it enough and theres big money it will happen. Personally I've no interest at all in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

If its on in Germany Haye has no chance.

If its on in London, Haye can beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

RoverZT wrote: »
    If its on in Germany Haye has no chance.

If its on in London, Haye can beat him.

By that I assume you think it goes to points? I think points too, unless Vitali decides to kill Haye. He tries this and Haye is done for. Unlikely. I see a points fight here, close, but Vitali to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Can't see it happening, Haye has nothing to bargain with and his ego will not let him accept a lousy deal to make the fight. Chisora only got 300k for the Vitali fight and no way will Haye accept small money like that.
    After the Wladimer fight, the Klitchko camp view Haye as a bit of a joke and dislike him too much to give him a shot/payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gav_dub100

I think its very clear that public want this fight due to the amount of press there has been since the Haye-Chisora fight. It would no doubt sell very well and make tons of cash for all involved; if it makes dollars it makes sense.

Haye clearly wants it.

Vitali wanted it after the Wlad-Haye fight and im sure there is a part of his ego that was bruised by the fact Haye KO'd Chisora that has made him want it even more!

But does Bernd Boente, the Heavyweight Bob Arum** equivalent, want it? No.

Hopefully Vitali isnt manipulated by his management out of taking the fight, as its the only interesting fight out there in the Heavyweight division at world level at minute.

**(PS Bob Arum has recently vastly improved in my estimation since he made Chaves Jr. VS Martinez.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

gav_dub100 wrote: »

**(PS Bob Arum has recently vastly improved in my estimation since he made Chaves Jr. VS Martinez.)

If Bob Arum donated his life savings to a fund for blind crippled orphans with red hair I'd still consider him a total dirtbag

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

What's so bad about Bob Arum?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What's so bad about Bob Arum?

Has no love for Boxing and all he wants is to screw people out of their money, he was not even a fan of Boxing when he started to promote, this and his well known avoidance of good fighters with his main boxers leaves a sour taste.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No interest in it should it happen.

Haye will do his usual waffle about being a warrior, how Vitali is not good enough, and how he will come to fight etc etc.

Then the bell will ring and Haye will be on his bike for the length of the fight.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Has no love for Boxing and all he wants is to screw people out of their money, he was not even a fan of Boxing when he started to promote, this and his well known avoidance of good fighters with his main boxers leaves a sour taste.

Thanks Cowzerp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Vitali's manger seems to be very interested in the fight , I'm pretty certain Vitali would love the chance to fight Haye. I guess it all depends on whether or not Vitali is electied in October

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/article/543/7919695/vitali-open-to-haye-fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I don't know if this can happen anymore, next year at the earliest and Vitali will be even older! (obviously) He will not want to lose to Haye and his relexes have been visibly diminishing, Haye could trouble him with his speed if he comes to fight and not run around the ring like he did against Klitschko the younger.

If Vitali goes for Haye and starts to land some blows on him he would still murder Haye imo but the speed is in Hayes favour.

As a friend of mine said when we discussed this yesterday, out of principle alone a Klitschko will not allow Haye to beat them :)

Either way my money would go on Vitali but I give Haye a slightly better chance the longer it goes on before the fight. If Vitali wants this fight to happen it will happen, but Haye has got nothing to bring to the table to be perfectly honest and whether he can accept this and make a deal he will not be particularly thrilled with or not I don't know.

Haye has nothing to lose if the fight goes ahead, absolutely nothing, Vitali does so the power is with him. Personally I would love to see Vitali tear Haye apart and shut his mouth once and for all, but I think it would go the distance most likely with Vitali taking it. He wont want to leave himself open to being caught on the chin by Haye, then again, he does have an iron chin

kryogen wrote: »
    he does have an iron chin

But he's older now, slower now and not as physically fit as he once was. And we all know there are several factors in a fighter's ability to take a shot and recover. This iron chin claim really stems from ONE single punch that Vitali took. I am not saying his chin is not good, just maybe overrated. I'd love to see a highlight reel of Vitali taking some real crackers throughout his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I think haye would he is alot faster and younger. Vitali had a great carerr wouldnt like to see it with a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If haye comes to fight I can see him winning this by knockout

People are just talking Vitali down over him competing the whole fight injured last time out and still easily winning.

Vitali will destroy Haye, Haye just beat nobody Chisora and people seem to have forgot his embarrassing performance v Wlad where he didn't even compete!!

In reality he was rubbish v Valuev too.

I want to see Vitali shut him up but Haye should be 2-3 fights away from even getting this shot in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Barring a big turn of events there's no way Vitali doesn't fight Haye after he dusts off Manuel Carr in September. He'll want the Haye fight ASAP as he's deep into the twilight of his career and the only serious money to be made is off a Haye fight. No two or three fight run-up, that's for sure.

You don't think that Haye came to fight against Vladamir?

Syferus wrote: »
    Barring a big turn of events there's no way Vitali doesn't fight Haye after he dusts off Manuel Carr in September. He'll want the Haye fight ASAP as he's deep into the twilight of his career and the only serious money to be made is off a Haye fight. No two or three fight run-up, that's for sure.

If he wins the october elections ,and is elected Mayor of Kiev, he will unlikely fight again (unless they are cool with him taking 8 weeks off to fight david haye?)
    ..I think Vitali would take his publically elected representative role very seriously( a job he has canvassed for since 2005).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Vitali is smart enough to know that he doesn't need to take this fight, his career is solid with or without Haye.

He does seem very much more interested in politics now, so I can see that being more important to him than a loud mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

sxt wrote: »

You don't think that Haye came to fight against Vladamir?

No came to survive

No came to survive

Too right, even in the last few rounds when it was clear he could not win on points he just done the bare minimum, if that was me i would have been on him like a rash trying for the KO, Even if ya lost by Ko it's better than just accepting a loss without going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Too right, even in the last few rounds when it was clear he could not win on points he just done the bare minimum, if that was me i would have been on him like a rash trying for the KO, Even if ya lost by Ko it's better than just accepting a loss without going for it.

Yeah because its simply as easy as jumping on him? Against a guy who is taller, has a bigger reach, a thumping jab, awesome footwork and has no intention of letting this fight go any other way than he wants it to. I agree Haye didn't come to fight but you make it sound so easy to have done otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Haye was being clearly outboxed so he had 2 options.

1. Continue to run and lose a wide UD
    2. Go for the KO and probbaly get knocked out brutally

We all know how much Haye hates to get hit (this is the reason behind his low activity and interest in early retirement) so it was a no-brainer for him to choose the former.

Yeah because its simply as easy as jumping on him? Against a guy who is taller, has a bigger reach, a thumping jab, awesome footwork and has no intention of letting this fight go any other way than he wants it to. I agree Haye didn't come to fight but you make it sound so easy to have done otherwise.

C'mon. Haye didn't want to take the belt. He decided to stink the joint out. All you say is true about Klit, but it looks plain to see that Haye rathered survive than to try and win. Yes, he could have got knocked out, but that applies to any man in any situation. Also, he could have knocked Wlad out too. Why not think this way? Where was his desire, hunger, passion and fight? He chose to stink the joint out when he could have went for the win. Wlad's chin is suspect, and Haye should have known this. He didn't have the balls or desire to really test that chin.

You think a Mike Tyson or Joe Frazier would have been happy to simply stay on the outside and survive? Both men smaller than Klit by a fair bit, even smaller than Haye really. Haye lacked the courage to at least try and take the belt.

I certainly Don't think it's that easy, but trying is!

Haye would have been Ko'd if he had gone for it, but that's the whole point

He did not try and accepted defeat when even though I'm sure Haye would not have knocked him out he Could have, A loss is a loss regardless if it's a Ko or not, Haye chose defeat over chance of glory.

Vitali has a better chin and more killer instinct so for people to believe Haye will engage him is foolhardy in my opinion.

He barely even engaged the big slow Valuev and he is made to beat on the inside.

I think Haye needs to earn a shot at Vitali...
    I'd be interested to see Haye up against Arreola, Adamek or even Deontay Wilder first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

I think Haye needs to earn a shot at Vitali...
    I'd be interested to see Haye up against Arreola, Adamek or even Deontay Wilder first.

I'd rather see him against Perez, Povetkin, Price, Chambers, Solis, Helenius, Boytsov or Pulev. Give one of the young ones a shot. These guys are more worthy than that disgraceful hypejob Wilder. Trust me, he will get KTFO soon, s soon as he steps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

sxt wrote: »
    If he wins the october elections ,and is elected Mayor of Kiev, he will unlikely fight again (unless they are cool with him taking 8 weeks off to fight david haye?)
    ..I think Vitali would take his publically elected representative role very seriously( a job he has canvassed for since 2005).

When money is involved there's always a way. Maybe he brings the fight to Kiev, maybe he gives them a big tourism spike. The mayorship won't be the be-all and end-all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement