Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Leopard Cubs Filmed for the 1st time in the wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I think we have about 8 mins of film of the snow leopard. They are very hard to film in the wild like most elusive animals. I remember George schaller talking about trying to find a snow leopard and the difficulty involved. Snowleopards often see people coming from miles off and given ample time to hide. Their a near mythical animal and one of my favouraites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I think we have about 8 mins of film of the snow leopard. They are very hard to film in the wild like most elusive animals. I remember George schaller talking about trying to find a snow leopard and the difficulty involved. Snowleopards often see people coming from miles off and given ample time to hide. Their a near mythical animal and one of my favouraites.

Same. One of those animals that represent all the mystery and beauty of wilderness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

I didn't notice this thread when you originally made it, just stumbled across it now. Amazing footage. If anyone has been watching Attenborough's latest series looking back on his sixty years in broadcasting, I think it was the first episode that gave a really good insight into the huge difficulty attached to filming wild snow leopards.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

More snow leopard footage, this time from NW China, filmed using an infra-red camera-trap (link).

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Wow, amazing footage!

• Advertisement
Advertisement