Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin to buy parking tag (prepay)

Options
  • 17-07-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    I like the idea of parking tag. I'm trying to find an actual shop in Dublin that stocks them so I can buy one.

Here's the story: there are two options: buy it online and open a "credit" account and the second where you pick it up in a local shop and top it up there.

The "credit" (or "Web account") version takes a princely sum of €20 whenever my balance reaches an arbitrary "low" limit of "10". Translation: they will never have less than 10.01 of my money on their books. When near €10 balance, I need to think that my 30 minutes of parking could cost me €20. While I love the convenience, I think its a nasty, nasty thing to do for us to be financing payzone and the parking tag operators like this with my hard-earned cash.

I'd prefer the top-up approach. I can let the balance reach a comfortable zero before deciding whether or not to top up. However, I've tried every newsagent that I've passed with a payzone sign, even checking them on the payzone website, and none of them know what I'm talking about. My local centra has even ordered one for me but nothing came back from the payzone rep. About 1 in four have admittedly found the topup option on screen 2 or 3 of their payzone machine, but no luck with the actual tag for the car.

Has anyone been able to buy a payzone tag retail, or is it a total sham?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Never knew that option exists but it does according to the Parkingtag website..

https://www.parkingtag.ie/faq.html#faq6

Call them and ask how you setup the cash option as they call it, they're a pretty friendly bunch. If you have a mobile monthly bundle, you can call them on 042 939 4643 and the call will come out of your inclusive talk minutes. Otherwise the official number is 0818 300 161.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MichellePT

Hi dualamann,

I work for Parking Tag and if you would like to call directly this afternoon on 01 2076000 and ask for me (Michelle). I can organize to post you the retail key fob.

Kind Regards,
    Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

MichellePT wrote: »
    Hi dualamann,

I work for Parking Tag and if you would like to call directly this afternoon on 01 2076000 and ask for me (Michelle). I can organize to post you the retail key fob.

Kind Regards,
    Michelle

I am looking for a tag as well. Can I give you a call or I can PM you my name and address?

thanks,

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MichellePT

Hi Fergal,

If you would like to PM your phone number I can get one of our helpdesk to call or give me a call when you get a chance and we can get you set up.

Thanks!
    Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MichellePT wrote: »
    Hi Fergal,

If you would like to PM your phone number I can get one of our helpdesk to call or give me a call when you get a chance and we can get you set up.

Thanks!
    Michelle

Regardless of whether you are who you say you are, do not solicit personal information from people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement