Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tractor

Options
  • 17-07-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am looking at upgrading my tractor. I see a nice one for sale at a dealer. A Massey ferguson 6480. It 06 and has dynashift transmission. Has cab suspension as well.

I was looking to put a front loader on it also with the paddle type bale handler. I only want the tractor for feeding silage bales, pulling a 10ft mower in summer, bit of slurry and fertiliser spreading. General farm work.

We have a lot of hilly ground and it has fine big tyres under it 600 on rear and 480 on front.

Just wondering had anyone any experience with these tractors and what did they think. I would be coming up from a 100hp 4 cylinder tractor to this. Would it drink a lot more diesel when it would be doing just general work like feeding bales. They look a fine compact tractor for the Horsepower they are.

Advertisement