Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows dump Windows 7

Options
  • 17-07-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi. Was downloading a movie on itunes to rent last night and at the same time watching a video on youtube (it was a full concert over an hour long and I was skipping through it). Anyways I got the blue screen and my laptop crashed. I'm now able to power it up again but it's not working properly. It keeps freezing and I can't open any programs / windows etc. The sound doesn't seem to be working on it anymore
    I now have it open in Safe Mode. Does anyone know how I go about fixing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

Right-click on My Computer and do a system restore

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

have tried that but seemingly no restore points were created

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right-click on My Computer and go to Manage. Go to Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System, and look for any critical events. This should give you the stop code for the error that was reported with the BSOD. Search for this on support.microsoft.com and you should hopefully get a fix. If you can't find it there, google it and see what comes up.

Advertisement