Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Step-down Voltage Converter

Options
  • 17-07-2012 7:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know a brick'n'morter in north county dublin where I'd buy one of these? (It's for charging TM 7.4v batt for an MP7).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Why, pray tell, do you need it? Those packs charge from an 8.4V NiCd pack charger?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Quote from redwolf:
    Tokyo Marui Charger for 7.2V Micro NiMh battery. Suitable for use with the 7.2V 500mAh battery used in the NEW Tokyo Marui USP / M93R / G18C AEP. It has an automatic cut-off function after 2 hours charging. This is a 110v Japan / USA type plug charger. Marui has no plans to make a 220v version of this charger.

If you live in the UK or any other country with a 220v power supply, you will need to buy a step-down transformer to 'step-down' your 220v power supply to 110v for this charger

Or chuck the 110V charger and use a standard 220V charger that comes with any clone/220V NiCd 8.4V pack charger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks for the tip :)

However I'm asking on behalf of a friend and he wants the converter; doesn't want to buy it online,doesn't want to buy a new charger, nor does he want an adapter for the batt with a tamiya connector.

Alrighty. I'm just suggesting from experience with that gun and battery. The voltage transformers are big, bulky and pricey. He'd also be plugging a transformer into a transformer (as an electronics person, that's mind bogglingly silly) but if he wants cake, give him cake.

You'll get 220-110 transformers in Maplin or Radionics. They'll be measure in VA, not Watts (for tech reasons), but something around the 50VA mark should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

We've missed you Dex; his place needs your knowledge and answers!

I think the best thing to do for performance and ease of use for the MP7 is to use a drop in battery adapter (seen here) as it allows you to bypass the 7.2v specific battery/charger combination in favour of the more traditional 8.4v battery, without much extra duress on the gun :)

Advertisement