Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a reel-to-reel player

Options
  • 17-07-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm trying to do a favour for an old friend who has located a quarter inch reel of tape which has recordings of his parents and grandparents on it. I've been searching high and low for a reel-to-reel machine so that I can playback the tape. The only machine I located didn't power up and I've drawn a blank among my musician friends online.

Any suggestions or better still anyone out there who would allow me to borrow a machine for a couple of hours? I'm based in Dublin and would be willing to travel to nearby counties to get access to a working machine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 perryboy

I'm trying to do a favour for an old friend who has located a quarter inch reel of tape which has recordings of his parents and grandparents on it. I've been searching high and low for a reel-to-reel machine so that I can playback the tape. The only machine I located didn't power up and I've drawn a blank among my musician friends online.

Any suggestions or better still anyone out there who would allow me to borrow a machine for a couple of hours? I'm based in Dublin and would be willing to travel to nearby counties to get access to a working machine.

I've the same problem, did anyone ever get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Yes I managed to get someone to transfer the tape for me. If you PM me I'll put you in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 perryboy

Yes I managed to get someone to transfer the tape for me. If you PM me I'll put you in touch with them.

thanks for the reply.

Advertisement