Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from the UK

Options
  • 17-07-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm thinking about buying a Marui Hi Cappa 5.1 Custom Match. Ive searched Irish websites but no sellers seem to have them here. I would prefer to get it from an Irish retailer, because with postage etc its no cheaper to buy abroad and I don't fancy having to send the thing back if it has problems, but it doesn't look like that's an option. A number of UK shops such as Wolf Armouries stock them though. I've done a search on here but most of the results were fairly old and many mentioned new laws about being only able to buy airsoft guns within the State. So is it still legal to buy this TM pistol from the UK and as it shoots at under a joule is it likely to be stopped by customs. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

gouldian wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying a Marui Hi Cappa 5.1 Custom Match. Ive searched Irish websites but no sellers seem to have them here. I would prefer to get it from an Irish retailer, because with postage etc its no cheaper to buy abroad and I don't fancy having to send the thing back if it has problems, but it doesn't look like that's an option. A number of UK shops such as Wolf Armouries stock them though. I've done a search on here but most of the results were fairly old and many mentioned new laws about being only able to buy airsoft guns within the State. So is it still legal to buy this TM pistol from the UK and as it shoots at under a joule is it likely to be stopped by customs. Thanks.

I got mine from eliteshootingcentre.co.uk. Got it no problem and he's a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Buying from the UK is fine - they have their mandatory VCRA and UKARA warnings plastered everywhere just so UK Residents know not to order one without having the required defence against the VCRA necessary to complete the transaction.

You're in Ireland. The VCRA does not apply to you. You do not need a defence. Enjoy your new super awesome pistol! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Before you buy from the UK it might be worth your while asking an Irish retailer about importing one for you. I know airsofteire deal in TM guns. Reason being, UK market is always far more expensive than most and with the rate of currency being what it is at the moment just makes things worse. Worth checking out! Btw, wolfarmouries are rip off merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

Thanks for the info Lads.

Advertisement