Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 is real, beta arriving Autumn 2013

Options
  • 17-07-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/17/battlefield-4-is-real-beta-arriving-autumn-2013/
    Yesterday a banner ad for Medal of Honor: Warfighter pre-orders let slip mention of a Battlefield 4 beta. That banner was swiftly pulled. Today, EA are letting everything hang out. VG247 spotted more mention of bonus BF4 beta access in the latest Medal of Honor multiplayer trailer. Yesterday a tweet from the official Battlefield account warned that nothing is official until it’s appeared on Battlefield.com. Oh wait. Here it is.

“The team at DICE is hard at work on the next entry in the Battlefield series,” reads the message from the team at DICE. “To ensure access to the exclusive Battlefield 4 beta, shooter fans can pre-order Medal of Honor Warfighter today.”

But what about Battlefield 4? Tell us more about Battlefield 4. Go on. “While there is no further Battlefield 4 news at this point – remember, if you don’t see it published here, it’s just rumor and speculation.”

Come not even a little bit? Show us a bit of concept art. A gun render. ANYTHING.

“We’re not ready to talk about Battlefield 4 yet – in the meantime, we hope you will continue to enjoy Battlefield 3 and all the Battlefield 3 Premium content still to come.”

Man. I guess we’ll have to make do with this trailer for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Battlefield 4 beta access comes with the digital deluxe edition, which can be pre-ordered from Origin. But what would you like to see from Battlefield 4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah good start working on the next game before you fix all the crap with your last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully they fired the person who thought of browser launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Hopefully it'll be Battlefield 2143. I'l be sad if it's a rehash of BF3 with more perks/guns.

grizzly wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be Battlefield 2143. I'l be sad if it's a rehash of BF3 with more perks/guns.

I think thats just called "premium"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm pretty sure that BF4 is little more than a placeholder name, I can't imagine they'd do the same setting as 3 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Spear wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that BF4 is little more than a placeholder name, I can't imagine they'd do the same setting as 3 again.

I'd love another Bad Company myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I reckon it'll be bad company 3. They are obviously trying to combat Call of Duty. Who release a game every year alternating.

It kinda cheapers premium a bit tho :pac: BF3 content all the way up to march next year. But knowing a game is on the horizon late 2013? cheapening! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd love another Bad Company myself.

BC3 is separate from BF4.

Spear wrote: »
    BC3 is separate from BF4.

I know. I still would prefer to see another BC come out than the next iteration of BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I have to say I like the look of the MoH Warfighter trailer.

• Advertisement

Decryptor wrote: »

were we watching the same trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Decryptor wrote: »

I have to say I didn't like the look of it at all.

danniemcq wrote: »
    were we watching the same trailer?
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I have to say I didn't like the look of it at all.

It looks very in close and visceral, no real point in EA taking on a Battlefield clone I guess.

I'll wait till a mate gets it, then see what way it pans out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Let's have a 2142 sequel!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Betcha it'll be a clone of BF3 - they've seen how rich Activision has gotten out of that Cod Engine and now that they've got Frostbite 2 out the door, it'll be yearly or bi-yearly releases till the cows come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hopefully it'll be BC3 for us people that actually play the single player campaign, multiplayer will just be BF3.5 and the other .5 will be DLC :rolleyes:

It being BC3 could open the door for proper four man co-op missions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I have started playing BC2 again on PS3. I somehow like it more than BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Airborne sequel is what MOH needs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Let's have a 2142 sequel!

Definately, titan mode ruled all.

Definately, titan mode ruled all.

Demize did mention being quite favourable to that, but that nothing was planned. But that was some time ago, and way before the release of BF3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement