Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any gamestop employees that can give me an estimate at this hour?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a few games I need to sell to gamestop tomorrow. Can any online employees give me a cash estimate on what I might get for the following games.

Max Payne 3 PS3
    Dead Rising 2: Off The record PS3
    Batman: Arkham City PS3
    Portal 2 Xbox 360
    Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360
    (I also have The Amazing Spiderman for Xbox 360, but I'm not ready to sell that yet)

I only ask at this hour because I'm trying to work out how much I'll have to buy a new laptop off of ebay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

You'll get more money on www.adverts.ie

I'll give ya €20 for Max Payne if your in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

if you do a search on the gamestop website:

http://www.gamestop.ie/PreOwned

see what there selling it for and then take a chunk off that price it will give you an idea how much you'll get.

eioneill is right about adverts, you'll get much more than gamestop offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you want cash from gamestop, op? you may as well bring a cushion so you've something to lean on while you're bending over in there :pac:

another vote for adverts from me. you've got some relatively recent and popular games there, i imagine they'll go quickly and quietly

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    I have a few games I need to sell to gamestop tomorrow. Can any online employees give me a cash estimate on what I might get for the following games.

Max Payne 3 PS3
    Dead Rising 2: Off The record PS3
    Batman: Arkham City PS3
    Portal 2 Xbox 360
    Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360
    (I also have The Amazing Spiderman for Xbox 360, but I'm not ready to sell that yet)

I only ask at this hour because I'm trying to work out how much I'll have to buy a new laptop off of ebay

Try ie.webuy.com then knock about 25% to 30% off. Gamestop are the worst for cash prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Gamestop are only useful if you're availing of their 25% credit on a pre order (and i'm not too sure about doing that any more, they look seriously understaffed/hitting the rocks).

As other folks have said, you're much better off selling privately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement