Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitors

Options
  • 16-07-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Morning/Afternoon all,

I have just installed a Asus EN210 512MB graphics card on a Hp Pro 3010 MT with 2 screens now connected. Both monitors are VGA 1 through the VGA port and 1 through the DVI port via DVI to VGA convertor.
    But the monitor that is connected to the DVI port looks a hell of clearer... crisper is you will.
    I know the DVI is a digital interface but is there a work round for this or will I invest in another graphics card with 2 DVI ports. If anyone has a solution to my conundrum or advise on other options I can try that would be great.

Best Regards,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

obvious question is obvious - but are both monitors at the same resolution or even the same model??

secondly - if the DVI monitor is using a VGA to DVI connector then it's going to be using an analogue signal... so both monitors are using analogue signals so the digital interface isn't an issue ad isn't helping get a clearer image...

finally - I'm no expert but from what I've read on other sites VGA and DVI should have no real difference to in picture quality for the average user... I've tried switching a DVI and VGA lead with my monitor before and I couldn't tell the difference either...

I'd imagine your problem is with the monitors rather than with the cables and using DVI over VGA but unless I seen the setup in person or had more details I could't say much more than that... I'd imagine the monitor with DVI is just newer and hence is just a better monitor in general so that's why you think it has a better picture quality... (assuming other monitor doesn't have DVI at all, hence it would be older)

I'm far from an expert so don't take my word alone and see what other people have to say anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it sounds like the monitor isnt using its native resolution. What monitors are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 youcanfindmike

Morning all,

Cheers for both your input into solving this problem. The resolution was the cause of this problem which I spotted.

To the obvious question: both monitors are of the same make and model.

Thanks again.

P.S. But I had trouble with a previous graphics card (Asus EN210). Once the drivers were install the screen went all "Dazed and Confused" on me.

I was told the problem was the power supply. Then why did the computer boot up I thought the computer wouldn't even boot up if the power supply could not handle the new card.

Advertisement