Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused about placement of tattoo

Options
  • 16-07-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

ok so I've hit a brick wall with my next tattoo which i have been kind of planning for the last year. so would love some outsiders input! I'm basically looking at incorporating a heart, a anchor, and a cross in there most simplistic form. i started out wanting it as a charm bracelet around my wrist but kind of went away from that, after doing abit of googling i came across this picture and really liked the idea http://thedailytruffle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Chanel-leg-temporary-tattoo.jpg (sorry don't know how to put the picture in directly) of having the chains wrapped around my leg above my knee and with the 3 symbols hanging down at different lengths, i wouldn't have it down as far as the picture tho. (you can see more pics if you google chanel tattoos)

but my boyfriend and other friend are saying that it might look, I'm not really sure how to word it, but maybe a bit unfemine if I'm wearing dresses act and might ruin the look and look sluty(?) even thoo i really like the idea and don't agree with them at all they have started to make myself doubt myself...... i know its my body, my tattoo act but i want to make sure it does look nice, and as I'm not really a tattoo'ed lady (only have one other one) i want to make sure it doesn't clash with how i normally dress iykwim!

now the 3rd option which I've kind of stayed away from as a lot of people have been getting them is like a ankle bracelet with the charms hanging off, but I'm still not sure on this as i like to have something different.

so if you've made it through reading this far thank you, and hopefully someone has some ideas for me or any other ways i could do the tattoo, I've just can't think about it anymore :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you thought about leaning away from the "charm" idea and just having the heart/anchor/cross on you differently?

I mean the only limit is your imagination. I know it might sound a bit "weird", but would you have the heart and inside that the anchor and then inside that the cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

pixysarah wrote: »
    i know its my body, my tattoo

Has to be repeated but this is obviously the most important factor. The only person you should let change your mind is the artist you have picked. Take your friends and boyfriends advice but I wouldn't let them change things.

Having said that I think they're wrong. I think your idea would look great and extremely feminine. This comes down to biases. I like tattoos and it sounds like your friends aren't the biggest fans.

Maybe move it up your thigh a bit so that it doesn't come past your knee? That way your average dress wouldn't show it but it's still where you want it.

Advertisement