Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full access on UPC's EPC2425 modem!

Options
  • 16-07-2012 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

During UPC's upgrade 3 weeks ago, which i was unaware of at the time, my internet connection was sporadic and slow when it would connect so i decided to see if the router was showing any warnings or problems before call tech support.

To my amazement when i accidentally clicked on one of the tab that have been disable until now i was greeted with FULL ACCESS to the features that UPC has restricted its customers from accessing :D.

I had access for around half an hour or more but unfortunately i decided to take screen caps too late and couldn't complete a capture of every page before i was locked out again. So i thought i should share what i have with all of you lovely people, maybe someone here can figure out how to reactivate these features.

When this glitch occurred i was on the same firmware that i am now which is epc2425-ESIP-12-v202r12812-111007s_upc.bin

I had previously done a factory reset of the router to gain control of the wifi and setup a DMZ. I no longer use the DMZ so i can't say anything about that but i have lost all access to the setup page where the measly controls UPC allows us to use were. I have also lost access to the Advanced page, which i accessed with the admin/W2402 user/pw combo, even though it always said "This feature is not enabled"

The attached screencaps are all i could get but i hope you enjoy them.
    More pics in the second post.

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere but i just don't have time to trawl the forum, MODS please delete/move/sticky as you think appropriate.
    Not bad for a first post methinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Psychonautalus

When this happened my connection had been upgraded to 30 meg from 25 but the phone wasn't yet working, as can be seen in This Pic

You now know all that i do about what happened, it will be interesting to see if anyone else stumbled across this like i did or if i was the only lucky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Yeah it's not unusual, When the connection is down, I can access the tabs in modem settings that UPC usually disable - but once everything is operational again, those tabs are unavailable again.

Oh i didn't know about that, do you know if the changes made during the period of full access remain once it reconnects?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I don't recall being offered any persistent changes. You just have more information available to you.

I can't remember exactly but were you not able to set the QOS page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Ah, I just remembered I have the 2203 not the 2425

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I saw something like this too, with the 3925. The interface did give me the option to make changes, such as the upstream channel, etc.

Advertisement