Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with shipping on ebay.co.uk

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

long story short
    i want to bid on an item on ebay.co.uk
    but because ireland is not listed as a country avalible to ship to ebay will not accept my bids
    i have contacted the seller and we have agreed a shipping cost but this is no use because im not able to bid
    the item is in a auction, and alreday has 2 bids
    is their anything i can do, or get the seller to do so i am able to bid ?
    hope this makes sense
    thanks Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

unfortunately there is nothing the seller can do, a listing can only be changed to add new shipping destinations if there are no bids on the particular item, once a bid is put on an items thats it.....

The only thing you could do is contact the seller and see if her/she is willing to sell the item to you for a fixed price......

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

if the guy was willing to end the auction and relist it with new shipping details then you could bid on it but other than that your in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r27

Thanks for the reply
    Had a bit of bad luck on eBay over the last week or two
    Items with 1 or 2 bids and a seller not wanting to withdraw the item
    Guess its a waiting game I suppose .

What if i contacted the seller on an sepparate eBay.co.uk account ,with a fake UK address , and then gave him my real details in messages ,and paid him extra for shipping afterwards.
    Would this work ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

What if i contacted the seller on an sepparate eBay.co.uk account ,with a fake UK address , and then gave him my real details in messages ,and paid him extra for shipping afterwards.
    Would this work ?

No all your accounts will get suspended for a policy breach "Unwelcome and Malicious Buying Policy" and you will never be able to use Ebay again.
    Don't risk it.

Normally if sellers don't put overseas shipping in there listing it's because the don't want to ship abroad, but sometimes If you contact a seller and ask them to change the shipping options, they can anytime before the last day of the auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How big is the item - you could maybe use parcelmotel.com
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies
    Yea I decieded not to go down the false account route because it's not work the risk
    Parcel motel seems like a great idea but the item is too big
    Suppose I'll just have to wait for what I'm looking for :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Bear in mind parcel motel will hold the item for you for collection from there depot in Finglas if it's oversized and won't fit in the "motels" so it still might be of use to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

There is a legal workaround for this issue. Not many people seem to know about it.

You can ask the seller to add you to their exemption list.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#exemption

Alternatively you can change your registered address to a valid UK one, place your bid, and then change it back.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    There is a legal workaround for this issue. Not many people seem to know about it.

You can ask the seller to add you to their exemption list.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#exemption

Alternatively you can change your registered address to a valid UK one, place your bid, and then change it back.

Thanks a million for that
    You have just saved me a few hundred quid
    Would never have thought of even looking for somthing like that
    Suppose it makes sense to be able to manually exempt bidders
    Will try this out tomorrow and hopefully will work
    Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You're welcome. Hope it works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    You're welcome. Hope it works out.

Dude you are a legend.

I've googled ways of getting through this but none so far.

This is worth a sticky

Advertisement