Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking dead comic question

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

So I'm wanting to buy my friend a few walking dead comics cause he's a big fan of the tv show.

Now my problem lies In that I don't want to spoil season 3 for him so could
    Someone tell me how many issues there are up until the end of season 2.

Basically what issues can I buy that won't spoil season 3 for him.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MrGeneric

I'm pretty sure issue 13 corresponds to the start of season 3 of the TV series.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-walking-dead/49-18166/?page=5

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

The TV show is only following the plot outline of the comics at this rate (i.e. S3 takes place in a prison). As time goes on they're more and more differentiating the two, it seems.

I'd recommend buying the Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 1 which collects the first 48 issues of the comic. That brings you right up to the end of the prison arc or what I presume will be the end of season 3.

If you'd rather avoid that entirely, then just buy the first two volumes which takes you up to the prison arc. I very much doubt your buddy will be able to stop reading once he gets through those two though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just get the compendium as the tv show is "taking liberties" as far as the comic storyline. Introducing new characters and new situations that aren't in there at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think I'll get volume 1,2,3 separately since it works out cheaper.

Also I'm In Galway for a few days and just wanted to know what the comic book store in Galway is like ? Would I be able to pick them up there ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

blobby360 wrote: »
    I think I'll get volume 1,2,3 separately since it works out cheaper.

The Compendium collects the first 8 trades. You'd get it really cheap on BookDepository.co.uk too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The TV show is only mildly similar to the comic ..I read the comics 1st didn't spoil the show for me

Advertisement