Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workshop in Dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've designed a table that I'd like to make. The trouble is I have no tools other than maybe a drill. I've made many tables before when I was in school so I know what I'm doing, all I need is a workshop to do it. Is there any place in Dublin where I could do this? I'm not looking for any course in woodworking, just access to a workshop.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I don't think you would be insured to work in anyone else's shop.
    If you like doing a bit of woodwork maybe you should start investing in a few tools as I'm sure you will use them again over your lifetime. It's amazing what you can make with a hammer and saw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

as said above, I would say you would have very little chance of finding someone to allow you use their expensive tools and facilities.

There are however places that machine wood to your dimensions leaving assembly for yourself. Not going to be the same feeling you get from doing it yourself but its an option.

post up a pic of your plan so we can see the machinery required and advise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I heard a radio interview last week about an American organization which is setting up a workshop in Dublin.They will charge a once off 100 euro to use it. The idea is to promote innovation in all materials, not just wood.Think it was on the George Lee sat morning programme. Sounds promising. ?

Advertisement