Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KissFM in Cork

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

KissFM is on in Cork on 104.9.Say's here it's still testing and on their Facebook too http://www.kisscork.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I wonder how long it will take Comreg to shut them down this time. It was three weeks last time if I recall correctly.

Mr Donegan must have deep pockets to fund his piratical endeavours........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

best of look to them, was always fond of kiss cork, it has a special place in my heart, its not everyones cup of tea but it does what it does well.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

As like before, they're broadcasting with insane amounts of power. I'm in Rosscarbery for the week and the signal on 104.9 is on par with RedFM on 106.1 (stereo, not strong enough for RDS). They'll likely get shutdown soon with the power they're using.

For reference, here's a list of pirates on air in Cork City atm:

87.5 - Cityview Radio - mono (evenings/weekends only)
    87.8 - RadioNOW
    88.7 - NRG-887
    104.9 - KissFM

marno21 wrote: »
    They'll likely get shutdown soon with the power they're using.
    or because one of the licenced stations might go running to comreg? its a shame they couldn't try apply for a temp licence, would they get one though thats the question? they have always been popular though so their must be a demand for what they and others such as pulse and energy 106.5 (kisses predecesser) did back in the day. hope kiss get their stream up and running soon.
    NRG-887
    thought they were gone? their obviously back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Kiss Dublin was set up a couple months ago, off air the last week-ish, but still on-line

http://www.internet-radio.com/station/kissfmdublin/

• Advertisement

Kiss Dublin was set up a couple months ago, off air the last week-ish, but still on-line

http://www.internet-radio.com/station/kissfmdublin/

yeah but that link isn't for the one in cork and that station you linked to is now called dance music now. www.dublinskiss.com is the link for kiss fm dublin. http://kisscork.caster.fm is the stream link for kiss cork, its not working at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭yiddo59

For reference, here's a list of pirates on air in Cork City atm:

87.8 - RadioNOW
    88.7 - NRG-887
    104.9 - KissFM

Not forgetting the daddy of them all Radio Caroline on 106.4 (weekend daytimes)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Not forgetting the daddy of them all Radio Caroline on 106.4 (weekend daytimes)
    Never been in Cork during the weekends recently so missed that one.

I'm assuming that this is the same station I heard in February with woeful audio and such a clean transmission that it bleeds over RedFM 106.1 in parts of the west of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

87.8 - RadioNOW
    88.7 - NRG-887
    At least one, if not more of these bleeds into Radio 1. GTFO. :mad:

Advertisement