Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor fees for site

Options
  • 15-07-2012 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am about to buy a site off a guy, who I asked would he sell one to me. We have agreed the site, and the cost. But we have not discussed the legal side. The site will be sold subject to planning.

Can anyone tell me how we will manage this legally, and who should deal with this . . . Me or the seller?

Also, who should cover the solicitor costs, and how much should they be..

I would greatly appreciate hearing from someone who knows the process, as I have not gotta clue on this?

Thanks ,

No
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

It is *all* a matter of negotiation.

How badly does he want to sell? How desperate are you to buy?

Generally, you will each get a solicitor and pay for your own solicitor's fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

Farcear wrote: »
    It is *all* a matter of negotiation.

How badly does he want to sell? How desperate are you to buy?

Generally, you will each get a solicitor and pay for your own solicitor's fees.

Thanks farecear,
    Well , I approached him first.

What sort of money roughly would we be talking about, if We both paid for our own solicitors, and how exactly will the whole thing work, what needs to be done?
    Again , I am extremely green in this area !

Jo

Advertisement