Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRG fitness. Any good?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Looked through a few threads already but they're quite old and things might have changed. Just wondering what people think of the facilities now?

More interested in the bohermore one but any feedback is appreciated! thinking of joining soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Wouldn't advise it,always packed at peak times with machine hogging groups of Eastern Europeans.
    I was a member for a year and it wrecked my head,small weights area,pool is grand,jacuzzi is tiny and sauna/steam not the best,changing rooms are a joke way too cramped and always a wet dirty floor.
    If your looking at gyms in Galway,hands down Salthill hotel is by far the best equipped and in best nick.
    Close second King fisher Renmore or the Ardilaun.
    Kingfisher at the college is grand but not really like a fitness centre more a large leisureland with a few machines needing attention always,I was here for a year also and parking was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Sappa wrote: »
    Wouldn't advise it,always packed at peak times with machine hogging groups of Eastern Europeans.
    I was a member for a year and it wrecked my head,small weights area,pool is grand,jacuzzi is tiny and sauna/steam not the best,changing rooms are a joke way too cramped and always a wet dirty floor.
    If your looking at gyms in Galway,hands down Salthill hotel is by far the best equipped and in best nick.
    Close second King fisher Renmore or the Ardilaun.
    Kingfisher at the college is grand but not really like a fitness centre more a large leisureland with a few machines needing attention always,I was here for a year also and parking was a disaster.

That's great thanks. The kingfisher renmore would be the closest for me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,772 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sappa wrote: »

I often go there in the after-work peak time, and yes the machines are busy, but it's rare that I cannot get one when I want, or within a minute or two tops.

And I'm not sure that there's any correlation between ethnicity and machine-hogging-tendancies..

IMHO every gym that's got a swimming pool will have a wet floor in the changing room. Can't say that I find NRG's dirty or cramped, though.

Advertisement