Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

I was looking at the Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2010.
    They state that the asylum seeker must have documents when they arrive here.
    I wonder is the practise of tearing up your passport and getting asylum accommodation still apply .When you consider a large number come here from the UK having been refused asylum there.

I would love to see a TV program using a journalist with a hidden camera acting as an Asylum seeker .
    What an exposure.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

atkin wrote: »
    I was looking at the Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2010.
    They state that the asylum seeker must have documents when they arrive here.
    I wonder is the practise of tearing up your passport and getting asylum accommodation still apply .When you consider a large number come here from the UK having been refused asylum there.

I would love to see a TV program using a journalist with a hidden camera acting as an Asylum seeker .
    What an exposure.

All asylum seekers are finger printed, in all EU countries now, if a claim has been made in another EU country then Dublin II kicks in.

But as you have admitted putting up a bogus Asylum seeker for 5 years then marrying her to get her Stamp 4, I would love to have made a documentary about the guys who help people flout our immigration system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

All asylum seekers are finger printed, in all EU countries now, if a claim has been made in another EU country then Dublin II kicks in.

But as you have admitted putting up a bogus Asylum seeker for 5 years then marrying her to get her Stamp 4, I would love to have made a documentary about the guys who help people flout our immigration system.

There is not a proper form of co operation even with the UK on the fingerprint issue. Anyone got figures of those returned to the UK ?
    See link http://www.watterssolicitors.ie/blog/change-in-procedure-regarding-return-first-country-of-entry.98.html
    http://www.justanswer.com/ireland-law/6fc0u-years-ago-uk-asylum-fake.html read and weep bud. !!!

The woman came here to look for work then without my knowledge claimed Asylum.My intention was for her to get a work permit this she was allowed to do by the Garda immigration officer at the time.The Asylum application was refused in 2003.
    I am trying to warn people of the dangers .
    I know I should be taken out flogged and put in the stocks .Feck if I could could find a decent Irish woman I would not bother my arse with a foreign one.I said that to the Garda too.

There is not a proper form of co operation even with the UK on the fingerprint issue. Anyone got figures of those returned to the UK ?
    See link http://www.watterssolicitors.ie/blog/change-in-procedure-regarding-return-first-country-of-entry.98.html

The woman came here to look for work then without my knowledge claimed Asylum.My intention was for her to get a work permit this she was allowed to do by the Garda immigration officer at the time.The Asylum application was refused in 2003.
    I am trying to warn people of the dangers .
    I know I should be taken out flogged and put in the stocks .Feck if I could could find a decent Irish woman I would not bother my arse with a foreign one.I said that to the Garda too.

A Garda immigration office can not give a permission to work. A work permit is issued by the department for Jobs Enterprise and inovatiom. The relevant permissions to remain are given by the department of Justice.

The reason so many economic immigrants claim Asylum is that it is so hard to get proper valid legal permissions to remain.

While Ireland has in excess of 600000 non Irish living here about a third of that figure is UK another third EU and the remaining third are the rest of the world of which about half are totally legal leaving about 100000 who over 15 years have claimed asylum. The peak of asylum applications was 15000 a year now the figure is less than 2000 a year and dropping.

If you fell for this person and helped her get legal status then that issue is not with the system but with you and her.

A Garda immigration office can not give a permission to work. A work permit is issued by the department for Jobs Enterprise and inovatiom. The relevant permissions to remain are given by the department of Justice.

The reason so many economic immigrants claim Asylum is that it is so hard to get proper valid legal permissions to remain.

While Ireland has in excess of 600000 non Irish living here about a third of that figure is UK another third EU and the remaining third are the rest of the world of which about half are totally legal leaving about 100000 who over 15 years have claimed asylum. The peak of asylum applications was 15000 a year now the figure is less than 2000 a year and dropping.

If you fell for this person and helped her get legal status then that issue is not with the system but with you and her.

The local Garda immigration officers in 2001 had discretion at the time to allow people get work and a work permit.Yes this was removed .
    The census 2011 ww.cso.ie shows 766.000 born outside Ireland.
    544,357 have to ties with Ireland.
    221,643 are returned Irish,New Irish or
    have Irish parents.
    There is not a breakdown.
    Whatever 766,000 is a large influx of people in a short time period for a small population.

I pay the price for for my mistake if you want to rant on about go ahead .I wish I was perfect like you.

The local Garda immigration officers in 2001 had discretion at the time to allow people get work and a work permit.Yes this was removed .
    The census 2011 ww.cso.ie shows 766.000 born outside Ireland.
    544,357 have to ties with Ireland.
    221,643 are returned Irish,New Irish or
    have Irish parents.
    There is not a breakdown.
    Whatever 766,000 is a large influx of people in a short time period for a small population.

I pay the price for for my mistake if you want to rant on about go ahead .I wish I was perfect like you.

And how many of that 766000 are UK about 200000 so of the almost 800000 more than half are UK or Irish by decent. Of the remaing half the majority are EU.

I never said I was perfect, you have come on this site giving out about immigration, which is largely influenced by your own personal experience, I have only pointed out your experience to highlight what I see as problems with your argument.

• Advertisement

And how many of that 766000 are UK about 200000 so of the almost 800000 more than half are UK or Irish by decent. Of the remaing half the majority are EU.

I never said I was perfect, you have come on this site giving out about immigration, which is largely influenced by your own personal experience, I have only pointed out your experience to highlight what I see as problems with your argument.

There are some reports due to be published later which may shed more light on this.

53,781 no nationality not stated !! Love this one.
    65,579 Asian
    41,000 African
    16,000 Non EU
    8,341 Other Nationalities
    24,884 American

Total 209,585

I am protestant and my ancestors came in 17 god knows what got land from the Queen and settled here.maybe I am not Irish ? You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The local Garda immigration officers in 2001 had discretion at the time to allow people get work and a work permit.Yes this was removed.

No they did not. I got my first work permit in 2000, and this was most certainly not the case.

Mena wrote: »
    No they did not. I got my first work permit in 2000, and this was most certainly not the case.

The Garda was faced with someone that was likely to be a burden on the state .He said try to get work and a work permit, you can remain for 3 months .This depended on the local Garda and was different in each area.The reason the discretion was taken from them in 2001 or thereabouts.
    When she did not get a work permit he said Asylum is the only alternative or have a baby !!! I had a vasectomy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

What an exposure.

There is an American lad on YouTube who either worked in or was staying in an asylum centre in Ireland. He uploaded a dozen or so videos of asylum seekers he got to know, naming them, quoting them and pointing out their ludicrous claims.

Hes a tad mad, but his videos were very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

The Garda was faced with someone that was likely to be a burden on the state .He said try to get work and a work permit, you can remain for 3 months .This depended on the local Garda and was different in each area.The reason the discretion was taken from them in 2001 or thereabouts.
    When she did not get a work permit he said Asylum is the only alternative or have a baby !!! I had a vasectomy !!

That's a pretty serious accusation to make. Are you saying that the Gardai were told to aid and abet illegal immigrants? Might want to back that up with something more tangible than anecdotal evidence.

• Advertisement

IrishAm wrote: »
    That's a pretty serious accusation to make. Are you saying that the Gardai were told to aid and abet illegal immigrants? Might want to back that up with something more tangible than anecdotal evidence.

Cop on life is a joke . Get it !!
    I got arrested once spent a night in the Bridewell dungeon.
    The Guards after said I should be a Guard .
    I said sorry Guard glasses and I am only 5'8'' .
    I got a job as a Security Guard and went around like I was
    LOng John Silver .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAuAtscuyy8&feature=related check this link !!

IrishAm wrote: »
    There is an American lad on YouTube who either worked in or was staying in an asylum centre in Ireland. He uploaded a dozen or so videos of asylum seekers he got to know, naming them, quoting them and pointing out their ludicrous claims.

Hes a tad mad, but his videos were very entertaining.

Hey boss got a link I love it.
    You know the figure of 53,781 not documented www.cso.ie

I came on a camel, maybe it was a cigarette .
    Irish Immigration official thinks how he came to Ireland.

Cop on life is a joke . Get it !!
    I got arrested once spent a night in the Bridewell dungeon.
    The Guards after said I should be a Guard .
    I said sorry Guard glasses and I am only 5'8'' .
    I got a job as a Security Guard and went around like I was
    LOng John Silver .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAuAtscuyy8&feature=related check this !!

Advertisement