Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lower lip piercing!

Options
  • 15-07-2012 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Well folks! Just looking for some quick advice from some knowledgeable people!

I'm thinkin of gettin my lower lip pierced on the right or left hand side (does it make any difference?).
    I know that a stud is better than a ring for healing times and such but how much of a difference does this make?
    I'd be looking to get a horseshoe type black loop if that makes sense? Would a reputable place pierce me straight off with one of these or should it really just be done with a stud?

Also I know I get what I pay for but I'm just wondering roughly how much does it cost? I know it differs from place to place but if anyone has the piercing I'd just like to hear how much you paid for it!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

You mean like this?
    black-circular-barbell-with-balls-16-ga-p2460-3-1.jpg

You probably should be able to get pierced with a circular barbell, but I'm not sure about black.

And it should cost around 40-45 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Yeah I'm looking for something along the lines of that alright!

Can anyone recommend a place in carlow to get this done? I've heard more stories about places in carlow than anywhere else!

Also, if I get it pierced, would it have to be fully healed before I changed the ring or could I, if I really had to, change it after a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Without sounding judgemental, I think you might need to think about this more.

You cannot rush healing a piercing and changing it after a few days will likely result in poor healing or possibly infection.

If you decide to go ahead with it, I can't recommend a place in Carlow but if you find yourself in Dublin then pop into Dublin Ink - they usually have special deals on for piercings (€25 at the mo) and they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Also, if I get it pierced, would it have to be fully healed before I changed the ring or could I, if I really had to, change it after a few days?

It would have to be fully healed. Why would you need to change it after a few days? Initial jewellery is sometimes a bit long to account for swelling, but that's not a reason to change it too early.

If it's something serious, like the jewellery is causing damage to your teeth or gums and you need something smaller to prevent that, you should go back to your piercer and ask them about putting shorter jewellery in. Changing it yourself before it's healed is never a good idea.

I'm not sure exactly what the healing time for a lip piercing is, but your piercer will tell you that. 8-12 weeks maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

I wouldn't need to change it I was just wondering in general if I had to wait for it to be fully healed. I've no reason to change it I was just curious!

Jesus, carlow really needs to sort out a tattoo/piercing shop!!

Thanks for the help folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dean_f

I got mine done in Wildcat on Jervis St. I was looking for the same sort of thing but they said they wouldn't be willing to use any sort of ring for the first piercing as it could cause problems with swelling. So I got a bar in and was told to wait at least 6 weeks then come back and if it was healed enough they'd change it for a ring.

You might find somewhere that will put a ring in first but that was the advice given to me anyway. :)

Advertisement