Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counties & sign posts colours.

Options
  • 14-07-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember when (some?) had different coloured signposts?
    I remember Westmeath had yellow & black, Kildare black & white, I think Meath had blue & yellow. I can't remember any more, tho' I do remember watching out for the change of colour when travelling to Dublin. Maybe Dublin had black & white as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I never travelled around much so can't comment really. Can't remember if there were different ones in Dublin. How far back are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

1950s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I never got to visit Ireland for the first time until the 1980's. So I missed out on such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

The AA put up signposts in Ireland sometime back in the fifties and these were yellow with black writing.

I seem to remember seeing them around Crookedwood and Multyfarnham until quite recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

cml387 wrote: »
    The AA put up signposts in Ireland sometime back in the fifties and these were yellow with black writing.

I seem to remember seeing them around Crookedwood and Multyfarnham until quite recently.

Are you just making up places now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh Chucken, how could you doubt me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Woops Cml :o

You have to admit they do look like makey uppy names :D

My sincere sorrys :p

Advertisement