Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SimTech Motorsport

Options
  • 14-07-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi we are a Irish Simulator team who take part in rFactor championships ( SRO LMS ), GSC ( RD F3 championship ), F1 2011 ( KFF & TGP Series & TGP2 ), GT5 ( Touring car cahmpionship ) and were going to be taking interest in Kart Racing Pro and possibly other titles such as Assetto Corsa.

Achivevements:
    *Scored points at Sebring 12hr ( rFactor )
    *Had many wins in KFF ( F1 2011 )
    *TGPseries driver title season 10 ( F1 2011 )
    *TGP2 driver title and team title ( F1 2011 )
    *Many wins in TTS ( won every race we competed in but missed two first races and series stopped as our driver was about to take championship lead ) ( GT5 )
    * Few wins in GSC.

We let anyone join from around the world once their not a dirty driver and at same time enjoy their racing. We cant always provide set ups as everyone driving style is different. But we try provide a family atmosphere ( like Audi le mans team )

Visit www.sbsimtechracing.webs.com
    www.facebook.com/SimTechMotorsport
    twitter @sbsimtechracin1
    Youtube SimTech Motorsport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Kart racing pro you say...

I only got the game reinstalled yesterday and put in a few laps again, love this game. I've done plenty of testing and can get somewhat respectable times but I have only attempted to race on line once or twice and I didn't get through the whole race event, made a stupid speeding mistake at the start of another race and got booted.

One thing I'm no good at is set ups. I don't have the time to put into working out good ones. Although for some reason I feel like I understand the go kart setup much better than any other sim type and I do notice the changes unlike in other racing games where I just can't sense the changes and get lost not knowing if I'm making the car better or worse.

Unfortunately my PC problems aren't over yet and my motherboard has to go back so I'll be off the game for another week at least I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Maddox17

ScumLord wrote: »
    Kart racing pro you say...

I only got the game reinstalled yesterday and put in a few laps again, love this game. I've done plenty of testing and can get somewhat respectable times but I have only attempted to race on line once or twice and I didn't get through the whole race event, made a stupid speeding mistake at the start of another race and got booted.

One thing I'm no good at is set ups. I don't have the time to put into working out good ones. Although for some reason I feel like I understand the go kart setup much better than any other sim type and I do notice the changes unlike in other racing games where I just can't sense the changes and get lost not knowing if I'm making the car better or worse.

Unfortunately my PC problems aren't over yet and my motherboard has to go back so I'll be off the game for another week at least I'd say.

Sure give us a shout if your computer is fixed and we'll try meet up for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Didnt even notice KRP. My wheel is buried now that the real world is racing again, wouldn't mind dusting it off though. Keep me posted. Next release Beta 7 is slated to be a Release Candiate, so we'll see how that goes.

Scumlord you were already doing respectable times, don't fret on the setup too much.

/edit oh wait hang on just Googled Assetto Corsa and it mentioned a Lotus 49. Might be dusting the wheel off soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I just keep making stupid mistakes from not knowing the rolling start rules. I got pole at a qualifying today on Essay and threw it all away by breaking the speed limit through the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Hey there,

I like the thought of a Irish racing team (wish I was a fast driver) a lot. Any chances you will be joining the RD rFactor2 races in the future?

I have removed rFactor1 (crashed HDD) and it is sooo much working getting it setup and working right again that I have not even tried. But would love to drop by when you have any practice session to get to know the guys. But would maybe need some help getting my rFactor1 up and running again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement