Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casuals in Dublin on Monday 16th of July 2012? :3

Options
  • 14-07-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

(Fergus on IRC told me to start this thread.)

So I will be in Dublin on that day sometime in the afternoon and I want to play some fightan. I have no stick or anything with me as I am on a family holiday, but I would like to have a chance to meet the local Eyreland FGC for a couple of fights in SSF4Æ2012, SFxT and perhaps some Skullgirls.

What do you say? I have no idea about anything whatsoever, I just want to play since I will be there. :3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm up for this, always good to play new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'll be in

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Will be in at around 3

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Il be in til like 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Quakeulf

Great! So when and where will this be? I need to know the venue. :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

http://www.localmint.com/ie/xtreme-gaming-centre-lower-liffey-street-opening-hours-148

It's on Lower Liffey Street which is about 10 minutes walk from O Connell Street.

http://tiny.cc/yt7hhw

You can use google maps to find your way around.

I should be in for 1-2

People usually around in at about 3-4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hey Quakeulf, Dave here, glad you were able to make use of the forum/IRC links I sent you.

I'll try and make it down to your casuals, but since I'm working tomorrow, the earliest I can get there will be about 7/8pm. I don't know if people will be staying that late.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    http://www.localmint.com/ie/xtreme-gaming-centre-lower-liffey-street-opening-hours-148

It's on Lower Liffey Street which is about 10 minutes walk from O Connell Street.

http://tiny.cc/yt7hhw

You can use google maps to find your way around.

I should be in for 1-2

People usually around in at about 3-4
    I just walked past there! I asked the guy on the ground floor about fightan but he only showed me generic tacticool shootan. I thought it was not the right place, but I shall be there tomorrow then.

If people are there from 13:00 I can try to be there at that time too! I can be there the whole day too if there are people to play with, that is no problem. :3

The only problem is though, how do I recognise you once there? I have a grey hoodie with Yoda on and I look like a neo-nazi because I recently shaved my head though it is growing back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Going to give the same advice we give to all new people. Ignore the guy at the desk and walk straight up the stairs at the back. We'll be the guys playing fighting games. I'd say keep an eye on this thread and show up about an hour after most people say they'll be there.

Going to give the same advice we give to all new people. Ignore the guy at the desk and walk straight up the stairs at the back. We'll be the guys playing fighting games.
    Ok, I shall do. :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Quakeulf wrote: »
    I just walked past there! I asked the guy on the ground floor about fightan but he only showed me generic tacticool shootan. I thought it was not the right place, but I shall be there tomorrow then.

If people are there from 13:00 I can try to be there at that time too! I can be there the whole day too if there are people to play with, that is no problem. :3

The only problem is though, how do I recognise you once there? I have a grey hoodie with Yoda on and I look like a neo-nazi because I recently shaved my head though it is growing back now.

If you show up with a arcade stick or anything fighting game related I'm sure we'll recognise you no problem. And yes just ignore the guy at the front desk

I am on my way now. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Il be in at 3.30

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Getting lunch then a bus.

Also, rain.

Expect me around 3pm (cos I'm always late)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Slept late, probably wont be in

GorySnake wrote: »
    But. we can have Vampire offline...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

GorySnake wrote: »

Dodger

God damn, I'll see if I'm arsed after Breaking Bad

Be in in 45 minutes or so

Leaving work now to head to casuals, will take me about an hour to get there. Will people still be in at 8pm?

• Advertisement

Yeah should be Dave.

Won't be back, can someone hold on to my stick please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GGs to everyone, nice to meet you Quakeulf.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ggs all, nice to meet u Quakeulf!

Hakan too stronK! nerf pls.

GGs all, nice to meet you Quakeulf!

GGs to everyone, nice to meet you Quakeulf

GGs all last night.

Good to see you again Quakeulf! Glad we got our rematch :D
    If you're ever in the country again, you have our forum and IRC details now, so you can easily get in contact.

Tell your friends from Oslo that if they're ever in Dublin, the Irish guys are always up for a game!

Also:

Hakan_by_Tak3zO.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We played a few times online (garak001, DeeJay), too bad I'm on the other side of the country! Hypotethical ggs!

This was the greatest. :3 Djeedjees to all! Was good to be there and play, even though I was rather free and careless and didn't want to strain myself while playing. I hate having to play a patient Hawk but it seems it would be the only thing I could have done to win more with him. x3

Hakan tech was best tech, but apparently you can just mash jab at a range to stop Bipson's super so it is the problem, not Hakan. x3

• Advertisement
Advertisement