Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quailifed psych nurse wanting to become a general nurse too !!!

Options
  • 14-07-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all ,
    I'm currently finishing up my bsc in psychiatric nursing, was thinking about going to the uk and quailify as a general nurse as well . I heard you can do a year course somewhere I'm wondering where in the uk can this be done ?. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MrsXX

Hi Anne,

I too am looking for some info on this! The course I think you're looking for is called Adult Nurse conversion course and the shortest place you can do it is in Napier University in Edinburgh ( I think it's 16 months!) everywhere else seems to be 2 years!

I have young kids so I have reservations if I would be able to commit to the course but if it was placements and SOME college contact time I could. Just wouldn't like to start unless I can complete it!IYKWIM?!

I suppose the best thing is to look up the course on UCAS (UK CAO) and email/ring the colleges.

Would LOVE to do it, sooner rather than later!

Let me know how you get on. Good luck :)

Advertisement