Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant around central kildare??

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

We'll be staying with family for a few weeks and looking to try out the local restaurants serving good quality food, where would you recommend??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Schecter01 wrote: »
    We'll be staying with family for a few weeks and looking to try out the local restaurants serving good quality food, where would you recommend??

I'll take it by 'Central Kildare' You mean anywhere from Naas to Kildare Town?

Going on that assumption, I have 3 that I can recommend:

1) Angus Joes in Naas, great steak, and see if You can get seated upstairs, as the decor up there is superb,

2) The Brown Bear in Two Mile House. This is ( IMHO) the BEST restaurant in the area. Superb, and has early bird specials that will make Your mouth water. &

3) The Hanged Man in Milltown. I haven't been here in a while, but AFAIR, they also have early bird menu's.

I have absolutly NO affiliation to either of the restaurant's I mention, just appreciate good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Been to #2 and #3 listed above.. Would gladly recommend either....

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Schecter01 wrote: »

I'll take it by 'Central Kildare' You mean anywhere from Naas to Kildare Town?

Going on that assumption, I have 3 that I can recommend:

1) Angus Joes in Naas, great steak, and see if You can get seated upstairs, as the decor up there is superb,

2) The Brown Bear in Two Mile House. This is ( IMHO) the BEST restaurant in the area. Superb, and has early bird specials that will make Your mouth water. &

3) The Hanged Man in Milltown. I haven't been here in a while, but AFAIR, they also have early bird menu's.

I have absolutly NO affiliation to either of the restaurant's I mention, just appreciate good food.
    Just a quick follow up question to the 3 suggestions above.
    What would one expect to pay for a 3 course meal and bottle of wine in each?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

In my opinion the Ballymore Inn is one the finest restaurants around, in kildare or beyond. It's in Ballymore Eustace. Was there Friday night, still quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Restaurants are very subjective and what one person thinks is great another may think not.

At the higher end, the same names will appear - Hanged mans in Milltown (25 per head + wine) Annamars in Kildare Town (32.95 for 4 couse dinner and worth every cent + wine), Brown Bear in Two Mile house,

then the middle end, Angus Joes in Naas, Athgarvan Inn, Whitewater bar/restaurant, Silken thomas (kildare town) etc etc

And the ethnic range where deals seem to be the order of the day - Kingsland Kildare Town, Kings Park, Newbridge, (chinese) Jaipore & Buddha Palace in Newbridge (Indian), indiespice in naas etc.

And for the ultimate relaxing casual meal - the Bar in Killashee House Hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Going to put the Brown Bear on my Agenda. Would thoroughly recommend both The Hanged Man and The Ballymore Inn. Have visited lots of times.

Also Indie Spice can be good if you like Indian. Havent been to Angus Joes and did not like the Bar in the Kilashee at all!

Funny how tastes differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

anewme wrote: »
    Going to put the Brown Bear on my Agenda. Would thoroughly recommend both The Hanged Man and The Ballymore Inn. Have visited lots of times.

Also Indie Spice can be good if you like Indian. Havent been to Angus Joes and did not like the Bar in the Kilashee at all!

Funny how tastes differ.

Quick question Anewme: I have avoided the Ballymore Inn because of the comments on Menupages about it ( Ballymore Inn) being very expensive. Is it? Has it dropped it's prices since the onset of the recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They have a special on midweek I think.....2 courses 27.50 and 3 courses 33.50.....so its still expensive enough. But it is good quality.

Have a look at their website!

Im often happy enough to grab a pizza in the Back Bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Thanks i was looking up the brown bear and hanged mans they look really good, think we'll try the brown bear next week. a few people have said to try Hartes bar and grill or fallans in kilcullen? they have good early bird specials i hear. have you been to either? im based just outside naas.
    I find theres so many 'cheap and cheerful' places out there.
    id rather pay the extra few euro for good quality if its good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Judge Roy Beans in Newbridge does some good food .. Tex-Mex restaurant & pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    Just a quick follow up question to the 3 suggestions above.
    What would one expect to pay for a 3 course meal and bottle of wine in each?

Brown Bear and Hanged Mans both have sample menu's and prices on the web (most of other probably do also)

http://www.thebrownbear.ie/index.html
    http://www.hangedmans.ie/default.aspx

Advertisement