Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Upper Reciever Won't Budge.

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, hoping somebody can help me, i had never opened up my M4 before but the other day i decided to open it up and just take a look at the internals and see what its like. Beforehand i looked up several videos on the internet of people opening them up and i said right, i have a rough idea what im gonna do, so i removed the body pins, pulled back the charging handle and as usually done, lifted it over the little notch and slid the upper reciever forward but to my suprise, stopped and wouldnt budge, i was confused and saw that i thought it was the bolt stop on the lower reciever that was stopping it but after looking at videos on the internet i discovered that none of the people had encountered the same problem as me, does anybody have an idea whats stopping it, i know its not the hop up chamber because thats not in the way. Any help would be great, Dylan. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

fire off a few dry rounds on semi-auto, i cant remove my receiver in my kwa unless my spring is de-cocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

fire off a few dry rounds on semi-auto, i cant remove my receiver in my kwa unless my spring is de-cocked.
    Sounds like an idea mate, ill try that when im back at my own house as im at a friend's and ill let ya know how i get on, Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Is your body pin self contained? I.e. does it actually remove? If not make sure your dust cover is closed. I had a blonde moment the other day disassembling my G&P MRP-L where it wouldn't slide off, then I looked and was suitably embarrassed :D

Worth a look :P

Inari wrote: »
    Is your body pin self contained? I.e. does it actually remove? If not make sure your dust cover is closed. I had a blonde moment the other day disassembling my G&P MRP-L where it wouldn't slide off, then I looked and was suitably embarrassed :D

Worth a look :P

Yea kev, the body pins are removable from the reciever, Haha i wouldn't have thought you would have been a blonde moment person :P but sure we all make mistakes sometimes , Thanks for the info. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Hi Dj firstly is it a metal or abs body.
    If it abs there is a chance that there are two tabs at the back were the rear body pin goes trough if so be very carfeull u dont break them. If it is metal the upper part is held in place by a lip so to speak. Have you removed the stock and the bolt that goes into the back of the gearbox and the front pin also, ( AND THE MAG) lol . So if metal remove the two pins front and back. The stock and stock tube +the bolt inside the stock tube and then tap the upper receiver forward a little bit and it should seperate. Watch out for the wires if it is front wired.

Rgds
    DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Yea kev, the body pins are removable from the reciever, Haha i wouldn't have thought you would have been a blonde moment person :P but sure we all make mistakes sometimes , Thanks for the info. :P

• Advertisement

Hi Dj firstly is it a metal or abs body.
    If it abs there is a chance that there are two tabs at the back were the rear body pin goes trough if so be very carfeull u dont break them. If it is metal the upper part is held in place by a lip so to speak. Have you removed the stock and the bolt that goes into the back of the gearbox and the front pin also, ( AND THE MAG) lol . So if metal remove the two pins front and back. The stock and stock tube +the bolt inside the stock tube and then tap the upper receiver forward a little bit and it should seperate. Watch out for the wires if it is front wired.

Rgds

Its a metal body, ive removed the mag ( obviously :P ) removed the body pins and the stock but not the stock tube or the bolt, will try that when i return home and tell you how i get on, Thanks for the reply, also its rear wired so when i remove the stock tube will i have to do anything with the wires before i take the gearbox out?? :P

Thanks for the info and help everyone and ill try all the ideas when i return home and all the help is much appreciated, Thanks again lads, Dylan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Lack of food and sleep after a long day's work = caveman mode.

It is very odd that the receiver is jammed on though; what brand is the rifle? Some brands have odd little kinks.

Inari wrote: »
    Lack of food and sleep after a long day's work = caveman mode.

It is very odd that the receiver is jammed on though; what brand is the rifle? Some brands have odd little kinks.

Hahahah Sure we all have them moments :P,

Yea its not a problem ive encountered with other rifles, mind you i've only opened up about 3 :P Ehm Its an SRC Brand. Thanks again kev. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Hahahah Sure we all have them moments :P,

Yea its not a problem ive encountered with other rifles, mind you i've only opened up about 3 :P Ehm Its an SRC Brand. Thanks again kev. :)

There's your problem :P I had an SRC body aswell and the are a pain in the hole :P You have to take both pins out take off the stock unscrew the stock tube then go to the pistol grip screw off the baseplate disconnect the motor and remove and then unscrew the pistol grip,remove the gearbox from the lower receiver THEN you slide the upper off the gearbox :P As I said a pain in the hole :P

• Advertisement

There's your problem :P I had an SRC body aswell and the are a pain in the hole :P You have to take both pins out take off the stock unscrew the stock tube then go to the pistol grip screw off the baseplate disconnect the motor and remove and then unscrew the pistol grip,remove the gearbox from the lower receiver THEN you slide the upper off the gearbox :P As I said a pain in the hole :P
    Wow, i think ill leave it then for the time being haha :P Thats a lot of work... Ill give it a go anyway sure and see how i get on, thanks for the helpful steps. :P

Yea lads, got it open, removed the stock tube, took the bolt out, removed pistol grip and disconnected the motor then slid the whole top off, it was a pain in the hole but worth it to get a look at the internals, thanks for all the help lads,
    @Southern Dandy
    @Inari
    @Just a Plinker
    And @Ronan Keane

Thanks again, lads, great help, Dylan. :P

Advertisement