Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull & Castle for a sit down date on a Friday night?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    Taking a girl out tonight for a meal, haven't gone out on a date in years so pretty clueless. It's up to me where we go so want to go somewhere relatively casual with a gastropub feel. I've been here once before and liked it, was only there for drinks though (I love beer so this is why I thought of here). What's it like does anyone know on a Friday night? I know I can book a table. I rang them there to enquire about a Friday night is it wall to wall or what and she wasn't very helpful (probabaly my fault) saying I'd have no problem getting a seat because there's shows on tonight. But my problem is, I don't want to bring her to a busy pub (albeit a really good one). So, basically on Friday nights, is the focus on sitting down and eating or will there be big groups of people boozing? Would somewhere like Elephant & Castle be more suited? Or somewhere else that I don't know of?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think would be a great place for a date. I love the food and restaurant there.

we have had many a night there but i would definately book a table. we were thinking about going there ourselves tonight but are heading to Fire instead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good choice, they keep downstairs relatively quiet up to about 11 or 12 ish, mainly for dining, upstairs in the beerhall for boozing. Even saying that, it wouldn't get too rowdy downstairs even later on.

So it would be quiet enough for a chat and relaxed enough to have a few nice beers after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

You sure like animals and castles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Cheers lads, just booked it there :).

Advertisement