Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

adapter for Merc Benz cigarette lighter

Options
  • 12-07-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

Just changed cars. Went to use/charge my sat-nav and the tomtom lead doesnt fit the lighter socket of the new car....... Satnav connection to big/lighter socket too small. :eek:

I thought all cigarette lighter sockets were a universal size? :confused: checked on the net and it seems a number of people are complaining about the same thing but no-one can provide a solution.

Went to Halfords - they couldnt help. Went to Merc Benz- they couldnt help.

Is there an adaptor I can purchase and if so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there not a 12v power outlet anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Thanks Marty. Will head down to maplin tomorrow.

No outlet anywhere Colm. Checked everywhere.

Dependant on my satnav as an ex-pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What model is it?

2005 SLK

A mate said he had a 1990 Beemer 3 that had same issue years back.

Merc Benz were F A help when I paid them a visit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Limbo123 wrote: »
    A mate said he had a 1990 Beemer 3 that had same issue years back.

Older cars had the problem, that the cigarette lighter was a tad too big. Easily helped with a little metal ring. Same problem in my '89 Audi.

The plug above is for 12v plugs used in trucks, campervans, caravans and the likes. Not sure, if that's going to help you.

Maybe a picture of your cigarette lighter would help.

/M

Advertisement