Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ra-tech m4.Problem

Options
  • 12-07-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Having trouble with my m4 gbb,Just got it back from a shop and they said they cudnt do anything with it.Does anyone know a shop that specialize with gbb rifles as im sick of stripping it down now.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

What's the problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭tommy gun

Its firing intermitidley,maybe fire 3 shots then seems to empty the mag and vent it at the same time lefty.Thought it was the hop and checked it,now there seems to be a bit of wear on the o ring of the n-pas if that wud cause it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

tommy gun wrote: »
    Its firing intermitidley,maybe fire 3 shots then seems to empty the mag and vent it at the same time lefty.Thought it was the hop and checked it,now there seems to be a bit of wear on the o ring of the n-pas if that wud cause it.

You would lose your seal and probably lose some power but it couldn't vent the lot. Id think your issue lies with trigger assembly mainly the hammer and valve knocker.

When you fire a round the bolt cycles each time resetting your valve knocker, I think your bolt is not resetting the firing pin and essentially leaves it in the magazine venting your gas. I know you don't want to but strip down the trigger assembly again and scrutinize every piece you can for wear and tear or something that just does not look right. Now that being said I might be wrong but I have a we gbbr that did the exact same thing (along with alot more other problems) and when I tore the trigger assembly apart and rebuilt it twas grand fired away no problems.

There's a few lads here that mainly use gbbr's so hopefully you should get some more info, Hope this helps.

On a separate note your retailer should of fixed it for you even if that meant sending it away to asia or providing you with a new replacement that is if it was still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭tommy gun

You would lose your seal and probably lose some power but it couldn't vent the lot. Id think your issue lies with trigger assembly mainly the hammer and valve knocker.

When you fire a round the bolt cycles each time resetting your valve knocker, I think your bolt is not resetting the firing pin and essentially leaves it in the magazine venting your gas. I know you don't want to but strip down the trigger assembly again and scrutinize every piece you can for wear and tear or something that just does not look right. Now that being said I might be wrong but I have a we gbbr that did the exact same thing (along with alot more other problems) and when I tore the trigger assembly apart and rebuilt it twas grand fired away no problems.

There's a few lads here that mainly use gbbr's so hopefully you should get some more info, Hope this helps.

On a separate note your retailer should of fixed it for you even if that meant sending it away to asia or providing you with a new replacement that is if it was still under warranty.

Cheers mate,il take it down again and have another look.As for the retailer it was just that i asked them to have a look and see.There not the original retailer where it was bought..The m4 is a few years old but only fired a few hundred rounds.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

tommy gun wrote: »
    Cheers mate,il take it down again and have another look.As for the retailer it was just that i asked them to have a look and see.There not the original retailer where it was bought..The m4 is a few years old but only fired a few hundred rounds.
    Cheers

No bother fella, hope you get it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement