Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling -Raheny

Options
  • 12-07-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anyone interested in forming a social cycling group in the Raheny/Clontarf area. What I have in mind is a short run of about 20 miles on some weekdays with a longer run of say 40-50 miles on the weekend ( at a comfortable pace )

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I live locally but don't normally have much spare time these days. If you're organising something I'll try to meet up if I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'd be interested in the nights I'm not running. Laps of Howth FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

I'd be up for this. Great idea !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 liamds

Could I suggest a meetup for anyone interested tomorrow (14th July ) at 10 am at the junction of the Kilbarrack Road and Howth Road at the coast - on the cycle lane on the promenade. I normally do a a trip out along the coast to Malahide, down by the estuary and out to the M1 flyover. It's a pleasant trip and is 21 miles return so nothing testing.
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Can't really do tomorrow morning but will follow the thread. Living in Fairview and usually spin out the coast to Howth, Baldoyle, Portmarnock direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

liamds wrote: »
    Could I suggest a meetup for anyone interested tomorrow (14th July ) at 10 am at the junction of the Kilbarrack Road and Howth Road at the coast - on the cycle lane on the promenade. I normally do a a trip out along the coast to Malahide, down by the estuary and out to the M1 flyover. It's a pleasant trip and is 21 miles return so nothing testing.
    Liam

I'd definitely be interested, but one of my wheels has buckled, so I need to get it repaired. I was going to pop to "Little Sport" in Fairview - would that be the place to go? It's going to need new spokes and a good bashing to get it right again.

Thanks

depending on the buckle and the wheel, it might be better to get a new wheel. I have used little sport & they seem ok but then again I have not had any real problems.

liam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Liam

I could meet you thie for the return leg. A bit of company on the way back to Rush were I will be cycling from would be nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Liam,

I've a job on tomorrow morning, but will keep the same time free next Saturday if you're up for it.

Etc wrote: »
    Liam,

I've a job on tomorrow morning, but will keep the same time free next Saturday if you're up for it.

Yes I would like to make it a regular feature, also anyone interested in a week day trip let me know.

Liam

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    I could meet you thie for the return leg. A bit of company on the way back to Rush were I will be cycling from would be nice:D
    Ok I'll be there 10 am blue helmet, Van Nicholson bike
    Liam

christeb wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the nights I'm not running. Laps of Howth FTW!
    What nights are you interested in and what time. ?

liam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ok I'll be there 10 am blue helmet, Van Nicholson bike
    Liam

Liam,

Won't be able to meet up with you this morning. I am going to head North from where I live towards Meath

Anyone interested in a trip tomorrow ( Sunday ) morning of about 20 miles ?

Liam

after a brief flurry of interest , it all died. Is that because there are no interested cyclists in the Raheny / Clontarf area or just that the idea of a "social cycle " fails to appeal to people ?

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I would tend to think a lot of cycling has a social aspect to it, unless there is a calender of training spins created in support of club/racing activity. There cannot be a shortage of people in the area, but remember people would probably not commit the time (or have the time) to hit it week in and week out unless it was club generated

Personally I cycle on my own pretty much all the time, the few organised events that I could latch on at are reasonable time/frequency but just dont always match 'my family schedule'

Yes i too cycle alone unless I catch up someone going my way but I would have thought that on average some people would like regular company. It ups the pace and shortens the journey. Presently I do the Raheny to Malahide trip ( 21 miles ) almost daily but am not into club racing.

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SobDon

Hi
    Are you still doing a cycle on Saturdays. Would like to join in
    I live in Raheny.
    Thanks
    Seán.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

SobDon wrote: »
    Hi
    Are you still doing a cycle on Saturdays. Would like to join in
    I live in Raheny.
    Thanks
    Seán.

You might be as well hooking up with these guys. New club.
    https://www.facebook.com/ClontarfCycingClub
    https://twitter.com/ClontarfCycling

Advertisement