Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with a naughty child?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a teenage daughter, I find that we can't control her since she is growing older and older. She often lies to us and comes out frequently.
    I am not a strict mum, just to care about her, I want to track her location via her cell phone, I know it is not right to do so, but I have no other solutions.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

mashia wrote: »
    I have a teenage daughter,
    How old is she?
    mashia wrote: »
    I am not a strict mum
    Maybe this is the problem :o

If we're talking about a 12-16 year old here, then you need to let her know who's boss.. it's your house so she needs to obey your rules..

If she's 17 or older then that's a different story as she's practically an adult.. IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mashia

If we're talking about a 12-16 year old here, then you need to let her know who's boss.. it's your house so she needs to obey your rules..

If she's 17 or older then that's a different story as she's practically an adult.. IMHO

She is 16, I try to talk to her, but she doesn't listen to me, I don't want to quarrel with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

A teenage daughter is not a naughty child. IMHO you sound like you're completely talking down upon this close-to-adulthood person who is going to want to be as independent as they can. Tracking her phone will make the trust between you even worse. Sit her down and tell her to cop on. But the reason she is going out and not telling you, which I assume is happening since you want to track her, is because she wants to be out of your control. Set ground rules, if she breaks them, she gets punished. Allow a lot of slack so she doesn't feel the need to lie to you about what she is doing. So what if she tells you she is going out and doing x y z, it's better than her telling you shes studying while doing x y z.

Advertisement