Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EasyBus: London Airports Bus Service

Options
  • 12-07-2012 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering has anyone used the EasyBus airport service in London before? I'm planning on using the Stansted route next time I'm there, the prices I got were amazingly cheap which makes me a little suspicious of its quality and reliability.

I've read some differing reviews online, would love some feedback from fellow boardies who have used EasyBus before.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I tried it once last year, thanks to absolute traffic mayhem on London's motorways we nearly missed the damn flight, lucky to make it at all. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I'm using it this Saturday, will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm using it this Saturday, will let you know how it goes.

So how did it go?!? :)
    I've booked EasyBus but still considering other means to Stansted because some reviews haven't been the best!

Cheers

Sorry forgot about this.

Easybus was great.

We arrived at stansted and went down to the bus terminal, Easybus leaves from stand 11. I asked the wife for the tickets and she produced the booking confirmation, she forgot to print the tickets!!!! I showed the confirmation to the bus driver and he let us on.

The journey took 1hr 15 mins and leaves you just up the road from the Sherlock Holmes museum about 2 minute walk to Baker street tube station.

On return we were booked on the 12.20 we arrived Gloucester place just before 12 and the driver let us get on the 12.03.

Be careful here as the bus for Luton airport departs here also.

For £14 return I will def be using them again, I have used National express a few years back and I think it took 1hr 45 compared to 1hr 15 with easybus.

Note: the security at Stansted is awful, it took us over an hour to get through the 15 feet of screening so allow extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Vic_08

For £14 return I will def be using them again, I have used National express a few years back and I think it took 1hr 45 compared to 1hr 15 with easybus.

Journey time is entirely dependent on traffic, no matter which operator you use. By the sound of it you weren't travelling at peak times, it would take a hell of a lot longer than that on a weekday morning or evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Used it to Luton before from London, perfick. Nice comfy buses and cheap.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Journey time is entirely dependent on traffic, no matter which operator you use. By the sound of it you weren't travelling at peak times, it would take a hell of a lot longer than that on a weekday morning or evening.

Thats their advertised times, I arrived on Saturday morning, traffic was slow as it raining very heavy.
    I had planned to be in the airport two hours before departure, just as well as the security screening is very slow.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I'll be using the bus at an off-peak time so it should be okay for traffic and I've factored in extra time for security in the airport also. For £2.50 for a single its working out so much cheaper than the Stansted express train so very happy!

I'll make sure to update this after my trip.

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

For anyone reading this thread -

http://www.easybus.co.uk/

Good back from my trip in London and thought EasyBus were great!

The bus arrived on time and actually arrived at Stansted ahead of schedule. In fairness I got the us at 10pm so it was very much off peak.

The bus stop in on Bakers St which is close to the underground and handy enough to get wherever you need in London. Best bit is its directly outside a Wetherspoons pub so you can grab a cheap pint or some grub while waiting for the bus.

Cheers for the tips before. No more overpriced Stansted express for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I used these last year and found them great! You have to book a time when you are booking, but can travel on an earlier/later one if there is room - our flight arrived slightly early so we got a bus 20 minutes before our scheduled bus.

The stop on Baker Street is great, very easy to get anywhere via the tube.

Advertisement