Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesit washing machine won't spin

Options
  • 12-07-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

As the title says, my machine won't spin. It makes all the right noises but the drum won't go round. I emptied all the wet clothes out and they were covered in grey flecks of some sort. The empty drum is loose and can be moved around easily. Does this sound terminal ? Is my machine only fit for the scrapheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I have taken off the back of the machine(I thought it might be the belt) and the belt is intact. It is as if the inner part of the drum has become detached. The machine goes into spin cycle but the inner cylinder fails to move. Any ideas anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

was there still water in it ?it wont spin if it detects water.

No evidence of any water. I cleaned out the filter and there was no deluge.

try a spin with nothing in it.
    check that rinse hold button is not pressed

The machine doesn't have a rinse hold button. I tried spinning it with nothing in it and the belt and cogs spin normally while the inner drum stays static. If I move the inner drum manually it makes a grating sound. Hope this makes sense.

• Advertisement

sounds like the bearing has gone.was it noisy for a while?
    ring around and see how much to fix it. big enough job

Thanks Galway, I will do as you suggest. I'll let you know how I get on

T'was exactly as you said Galway - It was the bearings which cannot be replaced on this machine. The entire drum would have to be replaced as the bearing are sealed inside it. So it's going off to the recycling centre while I get a new machine. Well diagnosed, thanks !

Advertisement