Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do the Adoption Board get in touch?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I was just wondering how the Adoption Board get in touch when they find a match on the contact register?

Cheryl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

Hi Cheryl
    I think initial notification is from a social worker by phone and then its confirmed in writing but if you let them know how you want to be contacted I'm sure they'll do so whatever way suits you.

Alternatively, just ring them and ask?:)

Rins

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sherrybell

Thanks Rins,

I had an official looking letter, and it was from them and it was just that there was no match :( Was just a bit afraid to open it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

De nada, Sherrybell.

Just to be aware that the adoption agency or hse service that has the records of your adoption will also, if you want, actively do a trace and, if possible, make contact with birth parent/s and maybe siblings, aunties etc. on your behalf. AAI should be able to refer you to the relevant agency and they have social workers there who would be happy to have a chat with you about the process, their number is probably on the letter?

Anyway, even if you're not ready for that step yet, most of the services have huge waiting lists so there's no harm going on a list, if they get to you and you're still not ready, I'm sure they'll be only too happy to move on to the next case!:)

Best wishes

Rins

Advertisement