Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munoz vs Weidman **spoilers**

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this event tonight?
    I hope Munoz wins and sets up a shot at Anderson or Bisping.
    Put spoiler on as i won't be looking at boards until i get to see the fight tomorrow after work.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Yeah am going to be watching it, seemingly you can watch the whole event on Fuel's website

http://www.fuel.tv/ufc/events/munoz-vs-weidman/

Looking forward to seeing Weidman fight, Joey Beltran vs. James Te Huna, T.J. Dillashaw vs. Vaughan Lee

Not expecting much else from the card, hopefully it will surprise us all with some good fights..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Might try the link for the prelim fights as espn are only showing the main card.

You can get them on the UFCs facebook page too, and I'd say from ufc.tv as well

Its starting now by the way. Fuel's website was bit slow compared to the FB stream for me

Did that ad just refer to Munoz vs Weidman as one of the most important fights of the summer....Yikes, poor summer of fights for us :(
    Nice KO from Assuncao, that other lad did not look great.

Dan Stittgen was the guy who got slaughtered by Stephen Thompson, really surprised he's getting another chance, looked so poor against Wonderboy.

Miss Joe rogan on the Mic. looked like the forearm or elbow that done the damage to get the tko

• Advertisement

2nd fight very poor. Both look gassed after 8 mins and the striking is poor. Hope the other fights are better

That's 15 minutes of our lives we wont get back. Stittgen's kicks were atrocious, and his hands hanging so low.

Was hoping
    Stittgen
    would get the victory just cause of the other lad's show boating at the end. Neither of those fighters should be in the UFC though.

I actually prefer Florian/Anik myself.

Craig's last fight vs Noke was quite good, and Natal had that really slick fight vs Ellenberger, so fingers crossed !!

After that i think the bed is in order. The highlight was the fella screaming while playfully hitting.
    Has to be up there with one of the worst fights i saw.
    Hope the other fights are better but then again could not get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 39,186 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Aaron Simpson looked good.

Te Huna giving it to Beltran at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Jesus Christ Josh Rosenthal, feel free to jump in whenever you're ready. He was out before he hit the deck. Diaz/Denny all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Mark Munoz must owe Josh Rosenthal money

Ahh had to look up the result. Glad i did not say Munoz has the best chance against the spider.
    Are the main cards worth watching.

Picks didn't go through for last night :(
    Just as well though because I would've had them all wrong.

Awesome performance from Weidman, this was his night all over. Easily should be up there for the next shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Weidman looked unreal last night. Being able to out wrestle Munoz easily. Munoz takedown defence was shocking though.

Would like to see Weidman get another fight against the winner of Lombard v Boetsch and then from there fight Silva.

Next up for Silva i hope will be the winner of Bisping v Belcher if that fight comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

was i alone in thinking it was a way to late stoppage by rosenthal?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

No, I'm surprised he didn't stop it a bit sooner myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

only had a quick look at it on youtube but josh did have a good position to see what was going on before it hit the mat didn't he?

Great finish by weidman.
    Anyone else tape it on espn?
    Mine cut out when the 2nd last started. Had to watch it on YouTube.
    I feel sorry gore anyone watching fx as the amount of ads is ridiculous.
    I say the winner of Bisping will get the next shot as the title

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tehuna is quickly becoming one of my favourite fighters. He gassed a bit in the 2nd, but I really feel sorry for anyone who has to face him.

I know Weidman has some great credentials, but I never really rated him highly as an MMA fighter, but he destroyed Munoz. Don't think he should take on Silva just yet, but my opinion of him has gone up.

Fair play to Craig for the win. Shame he lost the KO bonus to Weidman though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Great finish by weidman.

I did the same and no missed fights :confused:

Looks likely Weidman will get someone like Belcher or maybe Lombard- Boetsch winner if Anderson takes a bit of time off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Tubbs4 wrote: »

This always happens me, finally remembered to tape the show after it last night. Iirc it was around 37mins into that one too, if the main event went 5 rounds it would've nearly went past that program!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Weidman looked hugely impressive. I honestly think anyone bar the spider can beat him at MW. I think he'd stuff chaels takedowns and outstrike him if that fight were to happen.

Is it just me or is anyone else baffled by all the Francis Carmont love online? Guy is a physical freak but thats where it ends. He'd get destroyed by any half decent striker or grappler. This hype train is going to get derailed very fast. I say feed him to Paul Harris or maybe Dan Miller.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Ref was atrocious. Lavigne is a muppet and shouldnt be in there.

Beltran needs to stop trying to hit peoples fists with his face.

Weidman looks like he could seriously be a contender. Would like to see how he and Bisping fare against each other (for giggles).

If you are using UPC to record things, there is an option in the settings to "overrun" the end of a recording by 5 minutes which stops that annoying habit of cutting out just at the end of the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If you are taping a PPV its fine however when you are taping an FX/FOX event always tape the program after. I downloaded the aftershow, it wasn't bad, Chael was saying Weidman is the best middleweight contender and give him the shot. the american psycho was embarrassingly trying to get the TUF job or a high profile fight against someone with loads of twitter followers for some reason. Can't see him fighting again cause Dana doesn't look like he is going to give him much.

Weidman v Bisping would be funny and probably over in a couple of mins. Give Weidman the shot now :)

DeVore wrote: »
    The Ref was atrocious. Lavigne is a muppet and shouldnt be in there.

I'm not sure which fight you're talking about where the ref was atrocious, but Josh Rosenthal was the ref for the Weidman-Munoz fight.
    Lavigne gets a lot of stick whereas Rosenthal is among the better ones, but all the refs have their moments, you can't expect them to be infallible, the way Munoz' head was moving looked like he was defending slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

It was a bad decision to keep it going should have been stoped when he face went straight into the mat, he turned his back on Weidman however Josh had a clear view of the face planting straight on the mat.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, you're right, it was Rosenthal. Lavigne is a muppet anyway and the Weidman stoppage looked way late to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Rosenthal knows Munoz is a beast so he let it go on a bit longer than normal.

Josh is usually pretty consistent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement