Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance question

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was living abroad for the last 2 years and just got back a few weeks ago but was told by the social that I should still be eligible for jobseekers allowance. But on the form and from what I've read I need to provide bank statements for the last 3 or 4 months.

The problem with that is AIB shut my account because I hadn't used my account atall in 6 months and I have closed my Canadian bank accounts before leaving. pretty much I have no bank account and have no access to any bank statements to provide to the social. Would they reject me because of this, is it essential to show them a bank statement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Afaik the bank statements are used by the means investigation team. You won't be disqualified I you don't have an account, but you will have to explain why, they may also seek copies of your Canadian bank account statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You will have received a form called UP1b which is the application for means testing. There are questions on this form that include do you have money in bank accounts if you answer no to these questions then you should not have to submit bank accounts.
    You could email you bank in Canada and ask them for verification that that account is closed with the closing balance.

Advertisement