Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton in Dublin 6

Options
  • 11-07-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

Could anyone tell me where I could go to get badminton lessons or join some club near the Rathmines area and how much does it generally cost??

Cheers!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Think Danum are based in Dublin 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Hi FunkyApple,

Mount Pleasant are a tennis, badminton and squash court located in Ranelagh! Chloe Magee, a member of our club has recently qualified for the Olympics in badminton so we're badminton proud these days!
    Why don't you drop down and check us out?
    Give Dee, the club manager a call (497 3733) and she will be happy to tell you all you need to know about joining & organise for someone to show you around.

Cheers
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Funkyapple

Thanks for that MtPleasent. Will check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 urbane4u

Hi, is there a pay as you go for badminton option rather than the whole membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Danum Badminton Club are looking for new members at the moment. Based in the High School on Zion Road in Rathgar, very close to Rathmines.

€200 for the year all inclusive.

Good social scene, broad age range and all standards accepted.

http://www.danumbc.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

new beginners club starting in terenure whitehall rd centre (D12) on sept 4th. Check the Leinster badminton facebook page for details

Since posting this last comment, I moved to Heuston South Quarter in Kilmainham and now want to join Badminton over this side! Anyone know of clubs or a pay as you go badminton I could join in or around the Kilmainham/city centre area? I need to get active!!! :)

Funkyapple wrote: »
    Since posting this last comment, I moved to Heuston South Quarter in Kilmainham and now want to join Badminton over this side! Anyone know of clubs or a pay as you go badminton I could join in or around the Kilmainham/city centre area? I need to get active!!! :)
    I'm out that neck of the woods too and to be honest I don't know any clubs/halls within walking distance. If you have a car (or bike!) then to be honest you have a huge selection within 10-15 mins drive depending on traffic. Whitehall Road (loads of clubs or pay as you play) isn't that far at all if you head out via Crumlin or Inchicore. Even the likes of Mt Pleasant are still not that far away. If city centre is your preference I think there used to be a YMCA club on Wexford Street (or whatever name that street is along that section)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Funkyapple wrote: »

Viking play on Aughrim Steet. Not that far.

http://www.vikingbadmintonclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Susie SueW

Hi All,

Only seeing this now - There is a club pay as you go - all levels on a Tuesday night.
    Magda is the name of the lady who runs it - its a group that just get together.

If you call the YMCA on Aungier Street they will give you her number. Very friendly group.
    Susan :)

• Advertisement

Thanks all!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!!!!!! Will check it all out!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hi, a complete beginner here. Hit a bit with my mam a few years ago on holidays etc..she played a lot over the years. Thats about all my exp so far. Wud be interested in getting involved at a beginner level.

Is there any lessons going with that Aungier St thing?? Might check it out next Tuesday, to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

whitehall road and baldoyle are main locations for beginner classes, check out leinster badminton.there will probably be some later in the year.id recommed doing some classes before joining a club.also both whitehall and baldoyle have pay as you go courts but you have to see if they have courts available in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

I think I seen somewhere in this forum there's a club up in the ifsc so you could hop on the luas

shannon82 wrote: »
    I think I seen somewhere in this forum there's a club up in the ifsc so you could hop on the luas

Yeah Sheriff St used to have a club anyway.

Advertisement