Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sense of smell after quitting

Options
  • 11-07-2012 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I know its normal for the sense of smell and taste to improve after quitting but is it normal for things to smell and taste entirely different? I knew I could smell something icky and soapy in my handbag for the last few days, discovered what it was today when I took out my favourite perfume and spritzed myself with it.... Yuck! It smells completely different :( Also, I've noticed that some of my favourite foods taste a lot different and just not as nice as they used to :(

On the upside, everything else smells and tastes better. Not to mention how healthier I feel and how much I'm saving :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Everyone else probably thought the same about your perfume! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

I discovered that BPM red soft drink tasted like SH*T , it's my only regret on beating the habit.

A small loss but boy I'll live longer though.

Advertisement