Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Consultancy Career Path - What does it take?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Im a recent graduate with an honors degree in Business Enterprise. Im very interested in pursuing a career in marketing, which i hope will soon lead to the possibility of consultancy work.

Im under no illusion that i can simply walk into any consultancy job with my current skills, experience and education but i would like to research and plan the road ahead of me so that i will get there at some stage. Consultants need a varied and diverse range of experience across many companies and industries to be in a position to consult on projects; the problem is most of the jobs available seem to be in the marketing departments of a single company.

Ideally id like to seek employment in a company that handles the marketing affairs of many clients and start to build the experience and skills needed for a consultancy role.

Has anyone had experience with this type of career path or can anyone point me in the right direction? As it stands, the only viable routes i can see are to look for trainee positions in consultancy firms or to undergo an array of internships.

Any help is appreciated.
    Phil

Advertisement