Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Moyles to leave BBC 1 Breakfast Show

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

He's just announced that he is to leave the breakfast show in September.. More to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

bbability wrote: »
    He's just announced that he is to leave the breakfast show in September.. More to follow

Just heard it too. Enjoyed his show in the mornings. Sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Thank Christ, I hate the man, great to see him go - I hope they'll let me kick him in the arse on my last day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wow that is big news. What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wonder what he has planned. Didn't he have some issue last year with BBC over salary payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wonder what he has planned. Didn't he have some issue last year with BBC over salary payment?

Yeah he was very public about it too. It's not clear whos choice this was. Looking at twitter and apparently he said that they "hope to be on air somewhere else on the schedule". that would suggest he was told he was going.

Big change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

The BBC are to make an announcement at 10.30 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesmcgrath88

Scott Mills for his replacement is my bet, he has filled in for Chris Moyles several times and I don't think that afternoon slot from 1 - 4pm suits him that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Jeez. Listen every morning and tuned in after they'd made the announcement, took a few minutes of them chatting about it for the penny to drop. A shame but it's probably the right time, go before they start leaking listeners and getting stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nick Grimshaw replacing him. Think I might be going elsewhere at breakfast somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

leggo wrote: »
    Nick Grimshaw replacing him.

what a very BBC thing to do! Flavour-of the-month in keys-to-the-kingdom shocker! Sure it worked when Mark and Lard got the gi....oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

His announcement. Sad music and all...very Moyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,304 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Thank Christ, I hate the man, great to see him go - I hope they'll let me kick him in the arse on my last day

I'm with you - unfunny, obnoxious moron that makes me ashamed to be British.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to disagree with the "hate him" brigade

Listened to him for the last 4-5 years now when possible. iPhone app was really helpful.

Will be sorry to see him go, not everyone's cup of tea but my wife and I were shocked this morning to hear the news.

Some Irish DJ's could do with listening to his style, they might learn a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

nanook wrote: »

Some Irish DJ's could do with listening to his style, they might learn a thing or two.

What? Rip off what Chris Evans did many years before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

What? Rip off what Chris Evans did many years before?

I'd say moyles does love a big breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

puffishoes wrote: »
    I'd say moyles does love a big breakfast

Is that a (completely off-topic and irrelevant) pop at his weight? Because he's lost a hell of a lot of it recently. You're so current and "with it", you know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Bard wrote: »
    Is that a (completely off-topic and irrelevant) pop at his weight? Because he's lost a hell of a lot of it recently. You're so current and "with it", you know...

no i was trying to show how little of cris evans is in moyes that the only thing you could try and put together would be evans worked on it and molsey like's one.

the key to losing weight is a big breakfast, I didn't say a poorly nutritious breakfast

Advertisement