Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked WII

Options
  • 11-07-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a fully bricked WII fixed or any methods it just boots up to a black screen and nothing else happens. When I was modding it I did not install Bootmii 2 or something like that so I cannot fix it with an SD card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I doubt there's anything that can be done. Even if you had a nand backup it probably still wouldn't help because the system can't get past the boot process due to corruption.

I know you don't need to hear this now but whenever you're softmodding a machine you should make sure you have a brick recovery mechanism. In this case, installing bootmii should have been step number 1.

You could play dumb and send it back to nintendo (if its under warranty). Sometimes they just send a replacement without checking the problem first

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

animaX wrote: »
    I doubt there's anything that can be done. Even if you had a nand backup it probably still wouldn't help because the system can't get past the boot process due to corruption.

I know you don't need to hear this now but whenever you're softmodding a machine you should make sure you have a brick recovery mechanism. In this case, installing bootmii should have been step number 1.

You could play dumb and send it back to nintendo (if its under warranty). Sometimes they just send a replacement without checking the problem first

Unfortunately I didn't install Bootmii. The WII is not under warranty either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

only hope is a saveMii dongle to recover, around $30

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Have u got dump of a nand ? Then i can help, otherwise its immposible at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

its not impossible, the dongle above get you into a factory service mode to reinstall from an autoboot disc,
    you can do this for free also (savemiifrii) if you have a gamecube controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Stuxnet wrote: »
    its not impossible, the dongle above get you into a factory service mode to reinstall from an autoboot disc,
    you can do this for free also (savemiifrii) if you have a gamecube controller

What is not possible update nand with dump by programmer ? Then resolder it into mainboard? Great savemii will help offcourse there is pleanty tutorial on youtube u forgot to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

I can unbrick it if you would like,drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Out of curiosity, how exactly is this possible?

Is it possible to control the system before it tries to start the (possibly corrupted) boot process? If so, what were nintendo thinking?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Please don't spam threads with modding/repair offers, we have a dedicated thread for that at the top of the forum.

Advertisement