Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Revision Book Recommendations?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I wasn't sure if there was a thread like this already, but my question was and is: What revision books do you guys recommend? Or do you believe in them at all? I was having a look on a schoolbook website and they have a few ones I haven't ever heard of! Yeah I'm familiar with the Revise Wises and Less Stress More Successes and find them to be great. One that caught my eye was the 10 week rapid revision book. Any of you used that before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Honestly,most of the time revision books and all are unnecessary, if you just have your book and any notes teachers give(some are better than others) its just about putting in the time.
    I know some books condense the info and if you find they make things easier to understand then great, i recommend the revise wise ones but eventually its the info on the marking schemes that you need to know , so however you can get that into your head best may just be some notes, everyone is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

If you're doing geography "Exam Skills" by Sue Honan is ESSENTIAL.
    She was our god around the time of the LC, literally! She does out sample answers to all the past LC questions which is not just helpful but necessary! :)

If you do Chemistry "Rapid Revision" is very good! I bought "Revise Wise" for business and I barely used it... it was just a very condensed version of the book "Business Today". The book and the marking schemes are enough for business (which has the most specific marking scheme, make sure you're familiar with it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

Music - Rapid Revision
    Art History - Less Stess More Sucess
    Biology - Revise Wise
    Irish - An Tuigeann Tú - handy for oral
    French OL - Accent Français, Bon Travail, (JC Revision books good for oral)
    History - Revise Wise - but doesn't cover all Topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Key Notes for English is a beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Thanks guys!
    I do biology, french, business, home ec, art and obv english and maths. All higher for now, except maths. Exempt from Irish :)
    iMMer5ion wrote: »
    Music - Rapid Revision
    Art History - Less Stess More Sucess
    Biology - Revise Wise
    Irish - An Tuigeann Tú - handy for oral
    French OL - Accent Français, Bon Travail, (JC Revision books good for oral)
    History - Revise Wise - but doesn't cover all Topics.

I already have the Less Stress More Success for art history and home ec, because we got them through the school and I think they're pretty good.
    Key Notes for English is a beaut!

I've heard a lot about that Key Notes for English. Does it have essays on things or is it more like bullet point notes? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement