Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server questions?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Iv just a few questions regarding the servers on the xbox.
    have people been getting dropped connections more than usual lately, I have but im just wondering is it a general thing or my connection.
    is there a boards server on the go still?
    do dice have any official servers for close quarters, i keep ending up in ones that are 500% tickets etc and I hate that, they are just too long.
    does anyone know of any dice servers that have all available maps to date including CQ. when i seach for them its mostly either classic bf3 or B2k or else epic battle which is a few from each.
    and finally if anyone knows any good servers feel free to let me know.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The IRL clan have a few servers, I think. They have a thread in the Xbox forum rather than here for some reason. Searching IRL should bring up their servers.

Myself and a couple of guys who post here have a server called #Boomtown. Seems to be doing pretty well and we pretty much don't kick for anything. Our ticket number is at 300%, though, which may be a bit much for you. Probably going to lower it to 200% soon. Mix of Rush and Conquest maps, mostly classic with one or two B2K. Would like to add some CQD but nothing will clear your server out quicker than moving from 24 to 16 for DLC maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye iv tried searching for irl in the servers but nothing comes up. I might check out your server then alright,thanks.
    I never thought of that about close quarters going from 24 to 16 people, that makes perfect sense now alright,very good reason for not having them on same server

I have their CQD server favourited and go on whenever it's busy and I fancy a bit of CQD.

Absolutely jump on with us. The server seems to be thriving now after a shaky first couple of months. I think the server owner population has become a bit more concentrated now, after the initial fervour, so you can pick and choose the servers you like. Basically, anyone who bans you for being a good player is to be avoided.

I have their CQD server favourited and go on whenever it's busy and I fancy a bit of CQD.

whats the name of the server?
    i added boomtown last night alright and had a good few games, good laugh.

just had an epic game on #boomtown server. conquest on caspian. started with 300 tickets and it was pretty even the whole way down. at one stage it was 14-15, i was on the hilltop and had just captured the base when 3 guys came around the corner, somehow managed to kill them all, stopped ot take a breath and another one came out, got him too, looked at the score 10-6 and eventually we won with only 4 tickets left, epic stuff.

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    just had an epic game on #boomtown server. conquest on caspian. started with 300 tickets and it was pretty even the whole way down. at one stage it was 14-15, i was on the hilltop and had just captured the base when 3 guys came around the corner, somehow managed to kill them all, stopped ot take a breath and another one came out, got him too, looked at the score 10-6 and eventually we won with only 4 tickets left, epic stuff.
    A few of the lads were on for that. Unfortunately I was on a crap night out. :mad:

Any suggestions you have for maps and stuff, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You son of a bítch. I was one of the original 3, was in a party with the 4th and told him where you where and he still died.
    It was a tense game at the end, I genuinely didn't know which team had won it at the end.

Felexicon wrote: »
    You son of a bítch. I was one of the original 3, was in a party with the 4th and told him where you where and he still died.
    It was a tense game at the end, I genuinely didn't know which team had won it at the end.

Haha sorry about that, I was playing support with extended mags and I think that was the only reason why I survived. I thought that after the 3 I was safe, I was kinda sitting back thinking "how did I survive that" and then boom there was another one. Epic stuff though, it's moments and games that like that make me love battlefield

Advertisement