Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eflow bill query

Options
  • 10-07-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something. On all the eflow bills we get in the vat calc always seems to be wrong in the "eflow toll charges" section of the bill.
    IF we use the port tunnel/M3 etc they are fine just the m50/Eastlink.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭eFlow: Ciaran

Hi Cubix,

Up till around July of last year, eFlow didn’t charge VAT on tolls. From then on we were obliged to charge VAT. Once this happened we kept the price of the tolls the same and absorbed the cost of the VAT ourselves. From January of this year VAT was increased to 23%, again the cost of the toll for a car stayed the same. Whenever we calculate VAT we round down the figure.

I hope that info helps if you. If you would like me to look into anything specific in your account, please DM me you account details and I can investigate it for you.

Regards,
    Ciaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Ciaran
    Thanks, from what i can see on this bill you are charging the vat out at 22.79%, is this not more hassle than its worth.
    Also do you not have haulage companies onto you as its causing mayhem with the accounts, when the girls are inputting the bills into sage and the like I presume they have the 23% preset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭eFlow: Ciaran

Hi Cubix

To clarify our method for calculation of VAT on M50 toll journeys; we calculate the VAT which is included in the basic toll amount and then round it down to the nearest cent.

For example, the €2.50 toll is split into net of €2.04 and VAT of €0.46. However 23% of €2.04 is 46.92 cent not 46 cent. Every time a video-registered car makes a trip on the M50 there is a difference on the VAT we charge (0.46) and on the VAT you would calculate by applying 23% to the net amount (0.4692).

This small difference will always be less than one cent per trip for all classes and account types. This adds up as you make more journeys. If you make 10 journeys in a video registered car in a month the VAT summary on your statement will show a net charge of €20.40 and VAT of €4.60.

I haven’t heard of any reported difficulties with the VAT calculation but I can certainly pass on your feedback and see if improvements can be made to the current system
    Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

my wife will need to use the eastlink twice a day, is there any savings to be made by Eflow pass......

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

my wife will need to use the eastlink twice a day, is there any savings to be made by Eflow pass......

Thanks

use a bike (push or motor) or use the harp bridge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Thanks

Hi Blackplum123,

If your wife is traveling twice a day I would recommend she set up an eFlow Tag account, the tag will give her a €1 discount everything she uses the m50 toll, the tag will work on all toll roads too. There is an admin of €1.23 that is charged to tag accounts but if he is making 2 trips a day she would save money.

We also have a video account that only works on the M50 and has no admin fees, this account type will give you a 50c discount on your M50 tolls.

To sign up or for more info check out our website http://www.eflow.ie/

Hope that helps,
    Ciaran

Advertisement