Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo B570 I5 6GB RAM + Includes Free Kingston 16GB USB Stick + Case + Antivirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Bought a laptop from saveonlaptops before. Were grand but they'll probably put your first order on hold and make you ring them to confirm some details.

Laptop arrived quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Any thoughts on the laptop itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Amouar wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the laptop itself?

Seems decent to me for the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

there is plenty of better and free antivirus software, pendrive is worth €7-9, and bag is hardly a decent one so just don't think about it as a bundle

laptop itself seems ok, but i would get warranty upgrade to 36 months, 12 months is just silly

it has decent cpu, plenty of memory and storage space, but don't expect any new games to work on it
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html

there is hardly any significantly better deal around, but like i said i wouldn't touch any of new hardware that has less than 3 years warranty

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-B570-M58G4GE-Notebook.68876.0.html

"Lenovo has given the B570 a one year "carry-in" warranty. It is possible to extend the warranty period to two to three years by paying extra: another 30 Euros for an extension to two years and 80 Euros for 3 years (numbers are from when we tested the device)."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I had this laptop . The only issue I had with it was the microphone was very poor. On skype I sounded like donald duck calling from underwater. If using skype a lot or recording with the computers mic is of interest to you then don't get it. Otherwise it was great.

Incidentally this was £499 on amazon in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

And £450 now, with free delivery but none of the freebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

peckerhead wrote: »
    And £450 now, with free delivery but none of the freebs.
    Dont like lenovo at all since the screen fired on one barely 5 months old

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

For the specs (particularly the i5 processor) you'll be hard-pressed to beat this on price. If you're willing to spend a bit more, and get one with a dedicated graphics card (and possibly even a bluray player)- it would be a far better proposition. The processor in this laptop is good- but the integrated graphics, while fine for every day work- will be seriously lacking even with older games.

Re: Saveonlaptops- I've bought off them several times- never had any issues with them, very happy to buy from them again, if/when I need something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ring them and ask if they'll do a deal on an unboxed z570 with dedicated graphics- their website price (£674- 1Gb Dedicated graphics + bluray) is extortionate, but they always have returns that they sell off cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Arawn wrote: »

Failures like that can happen with any make/model. I wouldn't be put off by it.

Great spec for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

On skype I sounded like donald duck calling from underwater

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

So much for "on the internet, nobody knows you're a duck..." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Says not currently available when i look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Arawn wrote: »

there is just a couple of companies that are making lcd screens (and lenovo is not one of them), most of the screens comes from lg, samsung, auo and there is a good chance that you will have exactly same screen in completely different laptop produced by another company

that is why 36 month (or longer) warranty is imho a must, i would never buy electronic stuff that has warranty as short as 12 months - if they are not ready to vouch for it for longer than a year it may last exactly that long - there is just too much models of everything coming month after month and most of them are not properly designed & tested prior to mass scale production, instead they selling 'completely new' lines of products every year so no one could keep up with remembering bad stuff about them ;)

in good 'ol times they were tweaking and evolving all products, take look at ibm thinkpad serie, no drastic changes, 10 years of fixing small problems and adding single features and upgrades to get perfect product instead of starting from scratch every year or two and just gluing all latest stuff together on cheap plastic box with plenty of eye burning blue leds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Says not currently available when i look at it?

they were 10 available when I posted this thread, now they are sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Looks good, we have all lenovo's in work, they seem to last well.

Advertisement