Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canin Cat Food

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

If like me you have a mini-cat sanctury it might be worth while on stocking up on Royal Canin Cat food from EquiPet.ie.

a 400g bag is currently reduced to €2.49 per bag, therefore 10 bags for €24.90, whereas a 4kg bag costs €33.99.

Anyway I bought the following and got a substantial discount:

Qty Item € Item € Discount Total €

5 x Royal Canin Babycat 34 400g
    Weight: 400g Was €4.49 Now €2.49 €4.49 -€10.00 €12.45

10 x Royal Canin Kitten 36 400g
    Weight: 400g Was €4.49 Now €2.49 €4.49 -€20.00 €24.90

15 x Royal Canin Exigent Protein Preference 400g
    Weight: 400g Was €4.49 Now €2.49 €4.49 -€30.00 €37.35

Order Cost: €134.70
    Total Discount: -€60.00
    Delivery Cost: €0.00

Total Cost: €74.70

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

so 12kg for €74.70?

if your cats don't mind a lack of variety and no special dietary requirements, my last order from zooplus.de for 20kg (2x10kg) of Royal Canin outdoor 30 was €89 delivered.

Currently its 98.90 with free delivery, but 10% off for new customers, but more often than not there seems to be discount codes about for returning customers if you don't mind trawling a few European websites with google translate

http://www.zooplus.de/shop/katzen/katzenfutter_trockenfutter/royal_canin

Again, not always codes available, but worth keeping an eye on it or the other European zooplus sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tesco or Aldi is all my pauper cats need.

Lol at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

so 12kg for €74.70?

if your cats don't mind a lack of variety and no special dietary requirements, my last order from zooplus.de for 20kg (2x10kg) of Royal Canin outdoor 30 was €89 delivered.

Currently its 98.90 with free delivery, but 10% off for new customers, but more often than not there seems to be discount codes about for returning customers if you don't mind trawling a few European websites with google translate

http://www.zooplus.de/shop/katzen/katzenfutter_trockenfutter/royal_canin

Again, not always codes available, but worth keeping an eye on it or the other European zooplus sites.

I'll check these out! Thanks a mil...

Best to try some with your cats 1st, mine are fussy little feckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

The same offer is in Petmania: 400g bag is currently reduced to €2.49 per bag

Here is a list of all their offers for cats:
    http://www.petmania.ie/utilities/special-offers/cat-special-offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Not a huge saving - you can get, say, a 7kg bag of Acana Wild Prairie Cat Dry Mix for EUR 44,68 from Amazon.co.uk, including delivery. I like the brand as it doesn't contain any cereal whatsoever, which means there's not too much undigestable stuff left over at the, er, other end. A lot more pleasant! (Tip from a doctor friend of mine....)

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Not a huge saving - you can get, say, a 7kg bag of Acana Wild Prairie Cat Dry Mix for EUR 44,68 from Amazon.co.uk, including delivery. I like the brand as it doesn't contain any cereal whatsoever, which means there's not too much undigestable stuff left over at the, er, other end. A lot more pleasant! (Tip from a doctor friend of mine....)

P.

Really? My vet recommends the Royal Canin! I'll have a look, but have tried to order Royal Canin from Amazon before and they wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Thanks for the tip tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Frowzy wrote: »
    Really? My vet recommends the Royal Canin! I'll have a look, but have tried to order Royal Canin from Amazon before and they wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Thanks for the tip tho :)

It's weird alright, but many cat foods, and not just the cheap ones, contain cereals which cats, being the only "true" carnivores, simply can't digest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore#Obligate_carnivores
    Obligate carnivores or 'true' carnivores depend on the nutrients only found in animal flesh for their survival. While they may consume small amounts of plant material, they lack the physiology required for the efficient digestion of vegetable matter and, in fact, some carnivorous mammals eat vegetation specifically as an emetic.

All felids including the domestic cat are obligate carnivores requiring a diet of primarily animal flesh and organs. The ability to produce synthetic forms of essential nutrients such as taurine in the lab has allowed feed manufacturers to formulate foods for carnivores including domestic pets and zoo animals with varying amounts of plant material.

Our cat's been on non-cereal foods for a year; in that time he's lost weight down to the right size, has only gotten sick once and his poo is fairly inoffensive.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    and his poo is fairly inoffensive.

P.

With 3 cats in the house this truly is the ultimate goal!

I'll give it a go! Thx a mil :)

Advertisement