Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full house kit out - electrical

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all
    Im just in the process of finishing my house build and am looking to get all the electrical items big and small.

If people could recommend brands of good quality items without breaking the bank, that would be great!

Also what are people thought on american style fridge freezers? any one to avoid?

Oh im in the south east if that has any bearing :)

Cheers
    Claire

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

claireco wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im just in the process of finishing my house build and am looking to get all the electrical items big and small.

If people could recommend brands of good quality items without breaking the bank, that would be great!

Also what are people thought on american style fridge freezers? any one to avoid?

Oh im in the south east if that has any bearing :)

Cheers
    Claire

Keep your eyes open for "warehouse/stock clearence sales" that the big Electrical Providers (DID,Power City,Harvey Nomans) have every 5-6 months or so.

Have a look at my post here for some prices that I got various items for,when doing my kitchen.Pictures in that thread too.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79537226&postcount=7

PS-Bring a van with you when going to a warehouse clearence sale.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Don't know what your budget is but if you decide on you appliances (Makes and Models), make a spreadsheet of the list and drop them into the different electrical retailers. This is what I did and you are pricing like for like.
    Now I went for Neff/Bosch which would not be the cheapest in the world but if I remember correctly it was in the region of 4K.

Advertisement